Hi there!

Our team has been working with OutSystems Reactive Web Apps for two months now.
A few weeks in, as we were setting up our testing policy, we realized that the BDD testing framework won't work with Reactive web apps, because you can't make the client actions public and reference them inside the testing application. So, for now, we can only BDD test the server actions.

My question is: is there a way around this, so we can test client actions in a form of unit testing?

Currently, we're trying to use UI tests to make up for the lack of proper unit testing, but of course, we'd rather it not be that way.

Thanks!

Hi Marleen,

Reactive Web Apps run in the browser, not the server. I'm not too familiar with testing software, but any testing framework that wants to consume Client Actions will also need to run in the browser.

Hi Kilian, good point. Still, I find it would be possible to do so, if certain Client Actions are refactored precisely tfor the purpose of testing them...as announced in other BDDFramework discussions [1] [2], I just came out of a recent Reactive Web App project where we extensively and successfully used BDDFramework for the expected server side testing. Nevertheless, I would still challenge its future application for testing Reactive/Mobile Client Actions... if only we could make its asynchronous page rendering work with BDD Scenario and Steps... any ideas?