If any specific role except anonymous then should it be registered user or not?

I have a scenario for users like

I have 10 users. means these users are registered used right?

3 users are admin user in these so I have created a role for admin.

My question is those 3 users are also registered users or not?

If those 3 are registered means it is a must to set 2 roles like registered and admin both.

But in the mobile application  I can set admin role only for a single page so how it is possible.

lot of confusing between registered user and admin user?

Please help

Solution

Hi Manish,

Any user you have in your user table is considered a registered user, if they have roles or not doesn't matter.

So a screen with anonymous off and registered on, will work for all 10.  A screen with anonymous off and registered off and admin on, will only work for your 3 users with that specific role.

Hope this explains,

Dorine

Solution

The registered role isn't given to specific users explicitly like you would with any other role that you have created.

Any users that have a login to your application inherit the registered role.

If you want to have different role based behaviours in your application then you can create additional roles and then build logic around which role can access/use specific content and functionality.

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Manish,

Any user you have in your user table is considered a registered user, if they have roles or not doesn't matter.

So a screen with anonymous off and registered on, will work for all 10.  A screen with anonymous off and registered off and admin on, will only work for your 3 users with that specific role.

Hope this explains,

Dorine

Hi Manish,

Like Dorine and Sam have correctly explained. Every user you create in the User table automatically becomes a Registered user, meaning the user is granted the Registered Role.

If 3 of your 10 users get the Admin role granted, they would have two roles: registered role and admin role.

So this screen would only be accessible to the 3 users with the admin role granted:

But the following screen would be accessible to all 10 registered users including the 3 users with the additional admin role:

Hope this explains it to you.

Regards,

Nordin