I'm trying to integrate an application with a MySQL 5.1 external database, but Service Center returns the following error: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

After a little research I found a official resource (link) which lists the available DBs. It looks like OS only supports 5.6 and 5.7 versions.

Is any way to do this integration?

BTW, the OS version is 11

Solution

If you mean, can you integrate it and treat the tables as Entities in OutSystems, that might be difficult, since MySQL 5.1 is not supported.

If you cannot update the MySQL instance to a supported version, one option would be to wrap the data with REST APIs and consume it that way from your OutSystems app.

Solution

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

If you mean, can you integrate it and treat the tables as Entities in OutSystems, that might be difficult, since MySQL 5.1 is not supported.

If you cannot update the MySQL instance to a supported version, one option would be to wrap the data with REST APIs and consume it that way from your OutSystems app.

Thank you, we are going to use a tool called WSO2 Data Services Server.

Hello,

I am getting the exact same "Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts." error when attempting to connect to an external MySQL database from a cloud environment. I am able to connect via MySQL Workbench from my personal computer. I whitelisted all IP access in the server's remote host configuration. The MySQL version running is 5.6.43, which is just slightly short of the 5.6.5 that is set by Outsystems as the older version supported in the 5.6 range. Can this be the problem? Do you have any other suggestion on what the issue may be and how to tackle it? Please, help!

Thank you,

Pedro Ferreira

Smart Fishing wrote:

Hello,

I am getting the exact same "Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts." error when attempting to connect to an external MySQL database from a cloud environment. I am able to connect via MySQL Workbench from my personal computer. I whitelisted all IP access in the server's remote host configuration. The MySQL version running is 5.6.43, which is just slightly short of the 5.6.5 that is set by Outsystems as the older version supported in the 5.6 range. Can this be the problem? Do you have any other suggestion on what the issue may be and how to tackle it? Please, help!

Thank you,

Pedro Ferreira

Hi Pedro,

I wrote to you on the weekend when you posted on another thread regarding this.

Can you confirm for me 

1) Are you using a generic cloud version of MySQL or are you using AWS (like the thread I replied to you on)?

2) I assume you are using the Cloud variant of Outsystems.

3) If yes to point 2, then the Outsystems factory's IP is different from your home IP address. So I recommend that you allow from all IP addresses 0.0.0.0/0 in the first case to get it working. If using AWS then you need to allow this in the security group rules too and perhaps even in the database grant for the user too.

I am unsure about the specific MySQL versions but what you wrote in the other threads makes me think your issue is more related to firewall rules than DB version.

I use MySQL extensively through my apps without any issue.

If you post in a single thread (or perhaps a new one) with all your details if the above points do not help you.

Regards, Mark