OutSystemsUIWeb Controls\DatePicker behave weird on phone device for MinDate/MaxDate

Hi,

For OutSystemsUIWeb DatePicker widget, I set Min  and Max date as Currdate+1 and Currdate+90.

On phone device, if I entered date manually like 20/01/2020(DD/MM/YYYY), it automatically get set to MinDate as 24/01/2020(CurrentDate+1). 

Same behavior is observed in case of MaxDate, If I manually entered date greater than MaxDate, it automatically get set to MaxDate.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sounds like it's working as intended. If you're telling the Date Picker that the minimum date is the 24/01, and someone tries to force it to be the 20th, then it will refuse it and set it to the minimum date you wanted it to. Same with maximum date.

What kind of behaviour are you looking for? 

Mariano Picco wrote:

Sounds like it's working as intended. If you're telling the Date Picker that the minimum date is the 24/01, and someone tries to force it to be the 20th, then it will refuse it and set it to the minimum date you wanted it to. Same with maximum date.

What kind of behaviour are you looking for? 

Thanks for reply.

Currently on desktop browsers, it is not changing any invalid date to MinDate/Maxdate. Could see this issue on Phone devices only.

Concern here is that, if end user enter any invalid date and it automatically gets converted to MinDate/MaxDate, he might miss to observe that and might consider that whatever invalid date he entered is correct and can proceed with that assumption.

We want same behavior as we see on desktop browsers on phone devices also.

You could create an OnChange action for that input field and do the needed validations for your date and time requirements, bringing the attention to the user as he finishes typing it in. Also, before you allow them to go to the next step of whichever process, you should do the validations again to ensure no improper date is being sent to you.

Mariano Picco wrote:

You could create an OnChange action for that input field and do the needed validations for your date and time requirements, bringing the attention to the user as he finishes typing it in. Also, before you allow them to go to the next step of whichever process, you should do the validations again to ensure no improper date is being sent to you.

Thanks for suggestion, will try that out and see if it works.