Archive and Deletion Strategies

We currently don't have a corporate strategy for archiving applications and database tables used by applications before deleting them. Can someone provide insight into the best way to handle these types of tasks? We have several applications that are not being used and can be deleted, but we would like to archive all resources associated with them.

I have looked at the DBCleaner app, but was wondering if there is a tool that can do something like create an archive of an application AND all associated tables, modules, etc. 

Also, when an application is deleted, the database tables associated with it are not deleted. Is there a way to specify that all associated tables should be deleted if there aren't any other dependencies on the tables?

Thanks for the input. 

Hello Ryan,

For archiving I think its best if you create a solution that include your application and all its dependecy in it so you can save all the work you have done in service studio (including database table you create inside but not the data inside the table in database). 

And if you want to also save the data inside database, you need to export the data to save it. After that you can safely delete you application from your environment and if you need your application again in the future you can simply publish this solution in your environment again. But please note that if you gonna publish it on another environment which is not under same organization, you gonna need to IPP your solution (https://www.outsystems.com/homeIpp/IPP_Page.aspx).

"Also, when an application is deleted, the database tables associated with it are not deleted. Is there a way to specify that all associated tables should be deleted if there aren't any other dependencies on the tables?" 

Not that I can think of. But you can delete all the table thats not being used anymore manually with DBCleaner, its easy to do this.

Regards,

Abdiel Alvin