How can i use two list records?

Hello,

I have this page with dynamics, each of which has its own id. I use a list record to see all dynamics.

Each dynamic has some observers (Observadores) and several candidates (Candidatos) and I wanted them all to appear on the page with all dynamics using a list record for each one, that is, I wanted to appear in each container all observers and candidates who were associated with the dynamics with a given id, for example, in the container of dynamics 1, all observers and candidates associated with dynamics would appear. 

This is the aggregate that i use in list record of dynamics.

This is an entity that associates a dynamic id with a candidate id. The same is true for observers.

How can I do this if it is not possible to use a list record within another list record?

I have already tried to put two sources in the preparation aggregate that has access to all dynamics but that way the dynamics appear repeated on the page.

Thank you

Solution

Hello Carolina,

You can put the second list in a weblock and then inside the parent list. 

The webblock inside the parent list, can recieve the dinamicId and in the preparation Get the lsit of Candidates to show in a list.

The same to the observation list. 

Best Regards,

James

Solution

Carolina Campos wrote:

Hello,

I have this page with dynamics, each of which has its own id. I use a list record to see all dynamics.

Each dynamic has some observers (Observadores) and several candidates (Candidatos) and I wanted them all to appear on the page with all dynamics using a list record for each one, that is, I wanted to appear in each container all observers and candidates who were associated with the dynamics with a given id, for example, in the container of dynamics 1, all observers and candidates associated with dynamics would appear. 

This is an entity that associates a dynamic id with a candidate id. The same is true for observers.

How can I do this if it is not possible to use a list record within another list record?

I have already tried to put two sources in the preparation aggregate that has access to all dynamics but that way the dynamics appear repeated on the page.

Thank you

Hi Carolina, 

There are multiple ways of doing this. One another way can be in preparation get list of dynamics which have observers and candidates like you are doing and then associate an ajax action to fetch list of Observers and Candidates for each Dynamic I'd. Then refresh the screen with fetched items.

If you need to prepopulate the screen with Dynamics and it's Observers and Candidates you need to create a separate structure and fill up the data in the structure during preparation and create a list using that structure. This will impact performance as you need iterate over multiple loops but if you don't anticipate much data then it can be a simple solution.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Ravi

Ravi Vakkalanka wrote:

Carolina Campos wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

Hi Carolina, 

There are multiple ways of doing this. One another way can be in preparation get list of dynamics which have observers and candidates like you are doing and then associate an ajax action to fetch list of Observers and Candidates for each Dynamic I'd. Then refresh the screen with fetched items.

If you need to prepopulate the screen with Dynamics and it's Observers and Candidates you need to create a separate structure and fill up the data in the structure during preparation and create a list using that structure. This will impact performance as you need iterate over multiple loops but if you don't anticipate much data then it can be a simple solution.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Ravi

The problem is that I want something like this to happen, that is, a list of names.

Something that doesn't happen in the place I want, just a name appears and I want a list of names.

James Andrade wrote:

Hello Carolina,

You can put the second list in a weblock and then inside the parent list. 

The webblock inside the parent list, can recieve the dinamicId and in the preparation Get the lsit of Candidates to show in a list.

The same to the observation list. 

Best Regards,

James

Thank you James, this is the solution for my problem!