Required Field delayed validation?

Hi All,

In this popup shown below, as you can see, the input field "Client Name" is specified as mandatory.

When trying to "save" nothing happens, and the warning regarding the mandatory input, only shows up when i "click" on that input e type something.

My question is, the error message, it should appear when trying to save, right and not only i click on the mandatory field?

Another thing, is when the error message appears, shows up next to the container bellow instead of right under the correct container "client name".

Could you please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can you show us how the input error CSS is defined? It's browser dependent, but right click and find something that says Inspect. It looks like it's only displaying for active inputs.

Hi! 

1st question -> In the Save action you are refreshing your screen when it is in error? 

2nd question -> Some times when the input field is moved to and from a container the error message got separated from the field (never investigate why). To solve the issue I usually delete the input field and put another one (not very elegant but works)

Regards 

Graça

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi,

Can you show us how the input error CSS is defined? It's browser dependent, but right click and find something that says Inspect. It looks like it's only displaying for active inputs.

Is this what you asked for?

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Hi! 

1st question -> In the Save action you are refreshing your screen when it is in error? 

2nd question -> Some times when the input field is moved to and from a container the error message got separated from the field (never investigate why). To solve the issue I usually delete the input field and put another one (not very elegant but works)

Regards 

Graça

Hi,

In the save action we have this:

"2nd question -> Some times when the input field is moved to and from a container the error message got separated from the field (never investigate why). To solve the issue I usually delete the input field and put another one (not very elegant but works)" -> I´m gonna try this approach.

tozas1979 wrote:

I'm not seeing anything wrong so far - could you select the span with the "validation-message" class?

tozas1979 wrote:

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

"2nd question -> Some times when the input field is moved to and from a container the error message got separated from the field (never investigate why). To solve the issue I usually delete the input field and put another one (not very elegant but works)" -> I´m gonna try this approach.

I've tried that, but with no luck, still the same issue.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

tozas1979 wrote:

I'm not seeing anything wrong so far - could you select the span with the "validation-message" class?

Here it is:

Hi,

There is two ways to add input validations, client side or server side.

Client side:

• Input set as mandatory;
  • Button with method as "Ajax Submit" and validation "Client & Server".

Server side:

• Button with method as "Ajax Submit" and validation at least "Server";
  • Button destination handling errors and changing Input properties Valid to "False" and ValidationMessage to the error message. And do a Ajax Refresh of that input afterwards.

If you want to change the ErrorMessage, go with Server side.

The ClientName input is associated to a structure or entity, check if on the label is "Client name" or just "Name". I think that's the problem.

Let me know if it helped.

Hi Tosaz,

I tried to replicate your issue, but I just can't. It would help if you can share the properties of both input and the validations. Also, are neither the input nor the save button in a web block? Lastly, is this traditional web or reactive?

- Emman