Error sending email 94396: 421 4.4.2 Message submission rate for this client has exce

Hello,

Lately in my Production environment service center, the error logs are filled with this message 

"Error sending email 94396: 421 4.4.2 Message submission rate for this client has exceeded the configured limit"

I've checked the Email Log in Monitoring > Email, some emails are sent but some getting error.

Any idea or solution on what should I check for this error? 

And for all emails that got those error, how I can resend them?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Kevin,

What kind of mail server are you using? 

It seems there is a message rate limit configured which allow only a certain number of emails to be sent concurrently. 

You should find out where to change this configuration and allow a higher number of emails to be sent concurrently. That should fix the issue.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hello Kevin,

What kind of mail server are you using? 

It seems there is a message rate limit configured which allow only a certain number of emails to be sent concurrently. 

You should find out where to change this configuration and allow a higher number of emails to be sent concurrently. That should fix the issue.

Regards,

Nordin

Hello Nordin,

It's my client mail server so I need to ask them first.

But I want to know if the email got error like this, will outsystems re-send them automatically or it doesn't get send at all?

Hi Kevin,

The OutSystems platform will try to send failed emails for 2 days (by default). After that, if the email still fails to be sent, it will stop trying.

You can read all about this in the following documentation under the header How OutSystems Handles the Email Sending.

Regards,

Nordin