I'm currently working in On-Premise installation.

We have 2 production servers (Primary and HA) which has been configured as FARM installation, but our client wants to deploy the code into a DMZ server (new server) which already has regular IIS. 

refer the below link about selective deployments:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Deploy_Applications/Selective_Deployment_Using_Deployment_Zones

My question is simple, I just want to know the list of components that must be available in this new DMZ server for deploying the application. Only IIS is enough or do I need to install the OutSystems following the checklist ?(considering the DMZ as a front-end under Farm).

Has anyone implemented this?, Kindly enlighten me.

Regards,

Purushoth

Solution

Hi Purushoth,

This new DMZ server should be part of your OutSystems Production environment. 

Therefore you should install the OutSystems platform on this new server too (as a Front-End server following the installation checklist). This way it becomes part of your environment infrastructure and you will be able to deploy OutSystems application to it. 

After that, you should also create a new selective deployment zone which you can call "DMZ" for example and you can associate the freshly installed DMZ server with it.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Purushoth,

This new DMZ server should be part of your OutSystems Production environment. 

Therefore you should install the OutSystems platform on this new server too (as a Front-End server following the installation checklist). This way it becomes part of your environment infrastructure and you will be able to deploy OutSystems application to it. 

After that, you should also create a new selective deployment zone which you can call "DMZ" for example and you can associate the freshly installed DMZ server with it.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Nordin

Thank you for the clarification Nordin.

Regards,

Purushoth

You’re welcome Purushoth :)