Forge Component
(77)
Published on 29 Jan (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
77 votes
Published on 29 Jan (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Good morning,

After the last Outsystems UI update, we are having some troubles with the Expandable Sections (now called Accordions) on our mobile app.

This started happening after the update of the Outsystems UI to the version 2.3.0 (on the 21st of January). This update was done by Outsystems. After this, the look of the widget changed and it was not working properly (for instance, not opening when clicked).

Moreover, we tried to install the newest version of the Outsystems UI, version 2.3.1, but it was not working as well, and the following error started to appear whenever we tried to open/close the accordion:

Cannot assign a JavaScript string with value b1-b19-SectionItem to an output parameter of type Boolean Check the JavaScript node 'Init' of the action 'OnReady'.

To replicate what we have on the screen, we have Accordions inside Accordions (which were called ExpandableSections, prior to the updade), such as exemplified in the image below. These accordions have IsExpandable conditions and have onToggle handlers.

Thank you,

João Lopes

Hi João Lopes, 

Can you please share with us a simple .oml with the issue to help us debug the problem?

Thank you

José Rosário wrote:

Hi João Lopes, 

Can you please share with us a simple .oml with the issue to help us debug the problem?

Thank you

Hello

I have a simple oml that recreates the problem.

Thanks,
David

Hello,

I have the same problem described by João Lopes. 

Hope it gets solved soon.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Silva

Hi David

I think you uploaded the wrong file, the issue from João Lopes is in OutSystems UI with Accordion and AccordionItem pattern. Your .oml is an application with OutSystems UI Web and it only contains the Carousel Pattern and the Combobox Widget. 

Thank you

José Rosário wrote:

Hi João Lopes, 

Thank you

Hi, 

The .oml is client's property, so I can not share it.

I am available to call you and share my screen to show you the issue, if you're available.

This is quite an urgent matter because we will have a production deploy soon.

Thank you for your help,

João Lopes

Hi João, 

Can you replicate the issue in your personal environment without the client's properties? I've tried to replicate the same structure that you shared in the screenshot but I'm missing the IsExpandable conditions and the onToggle handlers.

Thank you

José Rosário helped me solve this issue.

Currently, the accordions have a property called MultipleItems, which if set to False, only allows one tab to be open at a time. This used to require logic, but not anymore.

So, I just had to remove the logic to keep one section open at a time, and the error stopped appearing.

Hi - we are experiencing similar issues with the Carousel on the web browser since the latest update. Is there any known fix for the carousel?

Thanks you

David Bear wrote:

Hi - we are experiencing similar issues with the Carousel on the web browser since the latest update. Is there any known fix for the carousel?

Thanks you

Hi David, 

We are analyzing the .oml sent by you. The issue is, every time you try to open the Dropdown Widget inside the Carousel, the dropdown automatically closes right? 

Can you confirm this was introduced in the last version?

Thank you

Hi Jose - Yes I can confirm this was introduced in the last version. We know this because our environments which have yet to be updated do not experience this issue. As the updates have moved across, this problem is brought along with it.

Thank you.

Hello 

A new version has been released which fixed the reported issue.

Thank you!

Hello,

When I have an accordion inside an accordion (with the property MultipleItems set to False on both), the Accordion Items on the inner Accordion do not open. 

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Below is the tree structure of what I have:

Thank you, 

João Lopes

Hello João,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The next release will include a fix for the issue you reported.

Regards

Hi Joana, 

I'm getting the javascript error issue but i've upgraded to v 2.3.2 and republished everything

[2020-02-18T13:01:35.771Z]: Cannot assign a JavaScript string with value l1-3-b3-b1-SectionItem to an output parameter of type Boolean Check the JavaScript node 'Init' of the action 'OnReady'.
InvalidJavascriptType: Cannot assign a JavaScript string with value l1-3-b3-b1-SectionItem to an output parameter of type Boolean Check the JavaScript node 'Init' of the action 'OnReady'.

Hi Steve 

We are aware of that issue and the fix for it should be on the next release. :)

Regards

Joana Pereira wrote:

Hi Steve 

Regards

oh I see.  sorry i thought that was what you'd said for release 2.3.1. Any workaround i can do in the mean-time? my client's got a very embarassing javascript error everytime someone uses a particular screen on his app.  perhaps i can clone the Outsystems UI component and implement your fix until the next release?

Steve Bramley wrote:

Joana Pereira wrote:

Hi Steve 

Regards

oh I see.  sorry i thought that was what you'd said for release 2.3.1. Any workaround i can do in the mean-time? my client's got a very embarassing javascript error everytime someone uses a particular screen on his app.  perhaps i can clone the Outsystems UI component and implement your fix until the next release?

Hey Steve

Yes, the only workaround possible at the moment is to clone the OutSystems UI component. But keep in mind, if you do not revert back to the original component, you might lose the potential updates to it.

Do you need help on applying the fix?