service center install failed

service center install failed

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Greetings Houston,

We want to assist you installing the platform.

Did you submit the feedback already? If not, try installing the platform and in the event of getting an error again hit the "Help Me" button and submit the error to us.

With that submit we'll have information to assert what went wrong with the installation and assist you better.

Best regards,
Hugo Veiga
Actually, I did submit feedback the initial time, but I didn't see a response. Later I was contacted and the missing response was forwarded to me. I had questions about it because it seemed to indicate a different version of IIS (6.0 and I have 5.1) and a different OS (Windows 2K and I have XP).

In the mean time, I was able to resolve the install failure by adjusting the group that the IUSR* userid was associated with. By default, it was associated with "Guest". When I changed this to Power User, the install was successful. I have since published a minimal example successfully.

If you had a problem that was solved by putting IUSR_* in the power users, it typically means that the installer was unable to grant the necessary privileges to IUSR_...

Typically this is done with the command aspnet_regiis.exe -ga <USER>, e.g.

• c:\windows\\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -ga IUSR_MYCOMPUTERNAME

If you want to do this and remove IUSR_* from the Power users group, you might want to do the same for two more users: IWAM_<Computer> and ASPNET. These 3 users are used in different contextes by IIS and all should have privileges to run ASP.NET under IIS.

This applies for OutSystems and for any ASP.NET 2.0 application you might want to run under IIS.