OS 11 - Facing issues when consuming SOAP Web Service

Hi, I am facing issue consuming SOAP web service on OS 11 which is recently upgraded from OS 10.

All previous WS consuming are working fine in OS 10.

Please see below warning message in image 1.

After that, if proceed, WS appear with wrong structure. Please see in image 2.

When compile, got below error.

Internal Error
Invalid compiler output.
The WCF proxy code contains errors.
Exception Details:
[1] System.Exception: The WCF proxy code contains errors. ---> System.Exception: C:\Windows\system32> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /R:"System.ServiceModel.dll" /R:"System.dll" /R:"System.Xml.dll" /R:"mscorlib.dll" /out:"C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.dll" /debug- /optimize+  "C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs"

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.7.3062.0

for C# 5
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This compiler is provided as part of the Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, but only supports language versions up to C# 5, which is no longer the latest version. For compilers that support newer versions of the C# programming language, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=533240

c:\Windows\Temp1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs(30,26): error CS0101: The namespace 'ssProxy' already contains a definition for 'ZHRPA_EREAP_IN_0006'
c:\Windows\Temp1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs(16,22): (Location of symbol related to previous error)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at OutSystems.Plugin.SOAP.SOAPUtilsCompiler.GenerateProxy(CodeCompileUnit ccu, TextWriter writer, String filename)
   at OutSystems.Plugin.SOAP.SOAPClientDescriptor.DumpCustomClass(TextWriter writer, ICustomClient obj)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.CustomClient.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.DumpCustomClients()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.DumpEspaceCode(ESpace eSpace, CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompileEspace(ESpace eSpace, CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.TrapExceptionsInContext(Action action, CompilationContext context)[2] System.Exception: C:\Windows\system32> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /R:"System.ServiceModel.dll" /R:"System.dll" /R:"System.Xml.dll" /R:"mscorlib.dll" /out:"C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.dll" /debug- /optimize+  "C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs"

for C# 5

This compiler is provided as part of the Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, but only supports language versions up to C# 5, which is no longer the latest version. For compilers that support newer versions of the C# programming language, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=533240

c:\Windows\Temp1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs(30,26): error CS0101: The namespace 'ssProxy' already contains a definition for 'ZHRPA_EREAP_IN_0006'
c:\Windows\Temp1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs(16,22): (Location of symbol related to previous error)

I have tried to consume old WS, which are able to consume previously in OS 10, now not able to consume anymore with same wrong structure and error come out. 

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

In service center the consumers have the right path in the Effective URL and the authentication have the right user and password?

Ana Loureiro wrote:

Hello,

In service center the consumers have the right path in the Effective URL and the authentication have the right user and password?

End Point URL and Authentication are correct. The issue is OS 11 read the WSDL structure wrongly.

Dave Kyaw wrote:

Hi, I am facing issue consuming SOAP web service on OS 11 which is recently upgraded from OS 10.

All previous WS consuming are working fine in OS 10.

Please see below warning message in image 1.

After that, if proceed, WS appear with wrong structure. Please see in image 2.

When compile, got below error.

Internal Error
Invalid compiler output.
The WCF proxy code contains errors.
Exception Details:
[1] System.Exception: The WCF proxy code contains errors. ---> System.Exception: C:\Windows\system32> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /R:"System.ServiceModel.dll" /R:"System.dll" /R:"System.Xml.dll" /R:"mscorlib.dll" /out:"C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.dll" /debug- /optimize+  "C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs"

for C# 5

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at OutSystems.Plugin.SOAP.SOAPUtilsCompiler.GenerateProxy(CodeCompileUnit ccu, TextWriter writer, String filename)
   at OutSystems.Plugin.SOAP.SOAPClientDescriptor.DumpCustomClass(TextWriter writer, ICustomClient obj)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.CustomClient.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.DumpCustomClients()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.DumpEspaceCode(ESpace eSpace, CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompileEspace(ESpace eSpace, CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.TrapExceptionsInContext(Action action, CompilationContext context)[2] System.Exception: C:\Windows\system32> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"System.Runtime.Serialization.dll" /R:"System.ServiceModel.dll" /R:"System.dll" /R:"System.Xml.dll" /R:"mscorlib.dll" /out:"C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.dll" /debug- /optimize+  "C:\Windows\TEMP1frrbki1frrbki.0.cs"

for C# 5

I have tried to consume old WS, which are able to consume previously in OS 10, now not able to consume anymore with same wrong structure and error come out. 

Please help. Thanks in advance.

did you resolve the error ? I am having the same issue. 

Hi Maitha Khanji,

The below is the OS support provided workaround.

1. On the machine where Service Studio 11 is used, locate the directory \Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\OutSystems\ServiceStudio 11.0
  2. Copy the file named Features.xml and save it with the name FeaturesOverride.xml in the same directory
  3. Open the file and clear all of its content, then paste the following inside, and save it:
  4. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <Features>
    <EnableConsumeSOAPLegacy>true</EnableConsumeSOAPLegacy>
    <EnableConsumeSOAPPlugin>true</EnableConsumeSOAPPlugin>
    </Features>
  5. Restart Service Studio!
  6. At this point, when attempting to consume a SOAP service in SS, you should be able to use the “deprecated” option:

7. Take note that the prompt is not intuitive, and you will not be able to browse to a WSDL file, instead, you need to insert the full path to the WSDL like this:
    • file:\\C:\<FULL_PATH_TO_FILE>
  8. Now publishing should work - Try again!

Hope it help you.

I had this issue twice consuming SOAP exposed by SAP. And I have solved this with support help too, but the support fixed my WSDL file.

I'll save your tip using the SS.

Thank you Dave!

Dave Kyaw wrote:

Hi Maitha Khanji,

The below is the OS support provided workaround.

1. On the machine where Service Studio 11 is used, locate the directory \Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\OutSystems\ServiceStudio 11.0
  2. Copy the file named Features.xml and save it with the name FeaturesOverride.xml in the same directory
  3. Open the file and clear all of its content, then paste the following inside, and save it:
  4. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <Features>
    <EnableConsumeSOAPLegacy>true</EnableConsumeSOAPLegacy>
    <EnableConsumeSOAPPlugin>true</EnableConsumeSOAPPlugin>
    </Features>
  5. Restart Service Studio!
  6. At this point, when attempting to consume a SOAP service in SS, you should be able to use the “deprecated” option:

7. Take note that the prompt is not intuitive, and you will not be able to browse to a WSDL file, instead, you need to insert the full path to the WSDL like this:
    • file:\\C:\<FULL_PATH_TO_FILE>
  8. Now publishing should work - Try again!

Hope it help you.

Hello. Thanks for your response and for the steps. But unfortunately it didn't work.

Just one clarification, should I change the content of "Features.xml" or "FeaturesOverride.xml" ? I tried both though. But just to double check.

Also note that we just procured Outsystems 11 we didn't have OS 10 before. 

Hi Maitha Khanji,

Only need to change in FeaturesOverride.xml

Leave the Features.xml as it is.

Have you see the third menu with (Deprecated) after close and reopen the Service Studio again?

Noted that you only have ver11. But that one is not compatible to consume SAP SOAP service.

OS support acknowledged and told us they will fix in next release.

That's why try to use the method from ver10.

It works for me.

I believe you can open an official support ticket to OS Customer Success Team.

Leandro Correa wrote:

I had this issue twice consuming SOAP exposed by SAP. And I have solved this with support help too, but the support fixed my WSDL file.

I'll save your tip using the SS.

Thank you Dave!

Hi leonardo

what changes exactly have they done to the WSDL we are facing the same issue with SAP WSDL. the WSDL file does not contain any unsupported scenario but we are facing the complie error 

Hi Mohanad,

I can't access the ticket anymore, but I found this other topic, please verify if this help you:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/59125/errors-when-i-consume-soap-web-service/

Regards,

Leandro.