Pass data from a popup to a block - Web

Hi all,

I am using a block inside a screen. Inside the block I am opening an popup to get the data from the user. How to pass the data inside the popup to the block using popup_onnotify action.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Hi,

please check this documentation... It isn't the same example that you explain us, but the logic will be similar.

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

please check this documentation... It isn't the same example that you explain us, but the logic will be similar.

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for your reply. The above documentation is about passing data from block to block. But my scenario is a bit different. Passing data from a popup to a block. In popups events cannot be created.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Gowtham wrote:

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for your reply. The above documentation is about passing data from block to block. But my scenario is a bit different. Passing data from a popup to a block. In popups events cannot be created.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Hi Gowtham,

1) You can send the variable from popup through popup editor notify.

2) Use the deprecated_Notify Get Message in On notify action to get the data from popup.

Regards,

Hema

Hi! 

I also find a new action in RichWidgets to get the massage sent by the popup:

Popup_Editor_GetMessage

but this one is not a function. 

Regards

Hi Gowtham,

Adding to the above suggestion if you want to pass a form data (like an entity variable or variable of type some structure ), then, in that case, I would suggest to pass them as JSON format.

Convert your data into JSON using Json Serialize and then while fetching the data from the GetNotify function, you can use JSON Deserialize to get your data back.

Hope this will resolve your issue.