Can't run outsystems .net framework not suported
Question

Hello,

My name is phil. I am trying to run outsystems on my home pc but I am unable. When I try to run it, it says it requires .net framework version 4.7.2 but when I try to install it it says it is not suported. Anything I can do to fix it?

I am using:

Windows 10

Outsystems 11

error.jpg

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Your Windows may need some kind of "upgrade", I would say.
You should see if there are updates to be done.

What's the message you receive when tries to install the Framework?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Please, install version 4.8 instead: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48

If you have any problem with installing the framework, you may need to talk to Microsoft Support. 

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi,

Please, install version 4.8 instead: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48

If you have any problem with installing the framework, you may need to talk to Microsoft Support. 

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply!

I get the same incompatible message when I try version 4.8.

Anything above the one I currently have installed (4.6.2) yelds the same result.

Anything else I can try?

Just so you know I also tried uninstalling Outsystems and installing it again. Also would have my .net framework but unfourtunately I don't know how.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Your Windows may need some kind of "upgrade", I would say.
You should see if there are updates to be done.

What's the message you receive when tries to install the Framework?

I have the same problem. Yesterday, when I ran the Service Studio 11 it worked, but today it doesn't work. It gives the same error. That the application requires version 4.72 of .NET Framework.

When I try to install that version of .NET Framework , or any other like the latest 4.8, it gives the error that says that it is not supported on this Operating System.

I don't see any windows updates installed lately.

Windows 10

What could be the problem and how we can fix it?

error2.jpg

Luis Nieves wrote:

I have the same problem. Yesterday, when I ran the Service Studio 11 it worked, but today it doesn't work. It gives the same error. That the application requires version 4.72 of .NET Framework.

When I try to install that version of .NET Framework , or any other like the latest 4.8, it gives the error that says that it is not supported on this Operating System.

I don't see any windows updates installed lately.

Windows 10

What could be the problem and how we can fix it?

I solved it by going on setting>Update and security>windows updates.

There I had some updates that hadn't installed for whatever reason. So I clicked the retry button and it worked. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Esteemed,

I am facing the same problem. I've done everything (windows repair, NET Framework repair, Updates) even so Service Studio 11 doesn't work, The application requires version 4.7.2 of the .NET Framework. However my OS is Windows 8, where it is not possible to remove .NET and according to microsoft version 4.8 is not compatible with Windows 8, that is, it is not supported in this Operating System.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jeanderson,

You are correct, OutSystems Development tools will not run on Windows 8 due to the .NET Framework 4.7.2 requirement, but they will however run on Windows 8.1, which is a free upgrade with similar hardware requirements.

According to Microsoft's own support documentation, .NET Framework 4.7.2 is supported on Windows 8.1 and so is .NET Framework 4.8.

Hope this helps you!

Hi,
I am getting a similar issue.
When I run Outsystems Studio I get the same error message, cannot run due to missing .Netframework.
I have downloaded the .Netframework and when I go to install it will not install as my machine already has it installed.
Checked all parts of it are enabled and there are no windows updates required then restarted my laptop but still getting the same error when I try to launch Outsystems.
It is almost as if Outsystems cannot detect the .Netframework on my machine.

Any ideas?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.