[Html2PdfConverter] HTML to PDF Converter Intermittent Behavior

Forge Component
(68)
Published on 5 Feb by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
68 votes
Published on 5 Feb by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes

We would like to ask your assistance regarding the problem we are encountering using HTMLToPDFConverter in forge.

We are experiencing intermittent issues when using the Html2PdfConverter component from the Forge (version 1.1.17). It works as expected, however, after a few uses, suddenly it stops working and you see the provided errors. Once you refresh the page though, it works again for a few times before the issue happens again. 

Could not find file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\TEMPDGUTCSEAPF3611aae0c06848d897516c921f3bb1d3.pdf'.

Any advice on how to remove the error? I tried to research but I can't get any solution in the OS community.

Please see attached images for reference.

Hi Jay,

Can you share a screenshot of how you are calling the GeneratePDF action? Additionally in that environment how many front end servers do you have? 

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

We only have 1 front end server. 

Kind regards,

Jay

Hi Guilherme,

I just want to follow up on this issue.

Kind regards,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Unfortunatelly I have no clear idea of why this is happenning. As you are doing the generation inside a foreach it could be some kind of clashing in the guid generation. Can you try the suggestions on this thread? 

if that doesn’t solve it for you you could try and insert a delay between generations by placing a sleep inside the loop. If that becomes a problem due to the latency introduced you can try and move the processing to a background timer but that is probably a big change in terms of logic.

Hope this help,

Guilherme