iOS Client Variables' values are lost when using MABS 6.0

Hello,

We noticed that values in client variables of iOS app built by MABS 6.0 will be lost at different timing from the app by MABS 5.2.

Using MABS 6.0:
iOS app loses values in client variables after the app process killed and resumed.

Using MABS 5.2:
iOS app keeps values in client variables after the app process killed and resumed.

Of course we hope our app to keep values in these cases.
OutSystems document says "Client Variables reset to their default values when the user signs out of the app or when the platform signs out the user automatically."
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Handling_Data/Client_Variable

How can we avoid the problem with MABS 6.0?

Our environment:
Platform Server: 11.7.2 (Build 5749)

Best regards,
Moriya Takasi

Hi Takasi,

I've asked OutSystems to take a look, thanks for reporting it.

Hello Takasi,

Does this happen when you open the application after upgrading from MABS 5.2 to MABS 6.0? Also, does this happen in a new application that was generated only with MABS 6.0?

Much appreciated.

Hello Kilian,

I appreciate your kindness action. Thank you.

Hello João,

I confirmed the issue again. Both after upgrading and newly 6.0 encountered the problem.

Hello Takasi,

This situation has been evaluated and we concluded that it is an issue in the product. If you want to follow up on this please open a support ticket.

Best regards,
Nuno Azevedo

Hello Nuno,

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy to hear OutSystems knowing the issue.

Which release notes for MABS and Platform Server will the fix information be appended to?
https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Release_Notes/

Takasi Moriya wrote:

Hello,

We noticed that values in client variables of iOS app built by MABS 6.0 will be lost at different timing from the app by MABS 5.2.

Using MABS 6.0:
iOS app loses values in client variables after the app process killed and resumed.

Using MABS 5.2:
iOS app keeps values in client variables after the app process killed and resumed.

Of course we hope our app to keep values in these cases.
OutSystems document says "Client Variables reset to their default values when the user signs out of the app or when the platform signs out the user automatically."
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Handling_Data/Client_Variable

How can we avoid the problem with MABS 6.0?

Our environment:
Platform Server: 11.7.2 (Build 5749)

Best regards,
Moriya Takasi

I am facing same issue, did you raise any support ticket? 

If yes could you please share details you received from the Outsystems for the same.

Thanks

Prajakta 

Hello Prajakta,

No, I haven't opened support ticket.
I decided not to use all client variables.
Sorry not helping you.

Takasi Moriya wrote:

Hello Prajakta,

No, I haven't opened support ticket.
I decided not to use all client variables.
Sorry not helping you.

No Problem. Please do let me know if you get any update by chance. 

Hi Prajakta, Takasi,

We're finishing a fix which should be available in the next version of the platform server.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

I'm very glad to see the good news.
Thank you.

Hello everyone, is this issue has been fixed?

Because I am using a boolean client variable in my app, and it didn't save the changed value on iOS. We have generated the .IPA with MABS 6.2 version.

Solution

Hi Aditya,

This issue was fixed on Platform Server version 11.8.0. If you use this version or a latter one, you should be fine.

Cheers,
João Jaime

Solution