MainContent not displaying in browser

Hello, I just went through the Reactive web developer path and am trying to make a sample app to put what I have learned to use. I have one screen right now called employee that looks like this:

But when I deploy and look in the browser it shows this:

Am I missing something? I made sure to make the employee screen public and that anonymous and registered users can access it. Not sure what the problem is..

Hello Dan,

you should verify the return content of your list. 

It seems to me that the list is that it has no record

Regards, James

Either the entity used in the aggregate has no records, or you have a filter that results in a list with no records.

James Andrade wrote:

Hello Dan,

Regards, James

Hey James,

If that were the case then I wouldn't be getting anything to show up in my preview data, correct? My list has at least one record since it is showing the preview data, right? Or am I missing something?

Dan Hessler wrote:

James Andrade wrote:

Hello Dan,

Regards, James

Hey James,

If that were the case then I wouldn't be getting anything to show up in my preview data, correct? My list has at least one record since it is showing the preview data, right? Or am I missing something?

No, the preview doesn't mean you have data.

It's just for you to have an idea of how it will look like at run time.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Either the entity used in the aggregate has no records, or you have a filter that results in a list with no records.

I think this may be the case. When I try and click "view data" on Employee it says "No records to show." This leads me to another question, why are no records populating when I bootstrap from excel? The .xlsx file that I am pulling from has 291 rows, why are those not being pulled in?

Dan Hessler wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

I think this may be the case. When I try and click "view data" on Employee it says "No records to show." This leads me to another question, why are no records populating when I bootstrap from excel? The .xlsx file that I am pulling from has 291 rows, why are those not being pulled in?

You probably have an error in your import flow...

Hi Dan,

As replied by Daniel and Denis, your list don't have data. In preview what you seeing is only for preview purpose and don't meaning that list have data. Either your list is empty or have applied some filter on aggregate.

You should go into data tab, right click on aggregate and click "view data". Are you able to see records there?

If records are visible in view data then it should also be visible here. Also please confirm where you are fetching data from aggregate in the screen.

Thanks

Thanks for all of the answers. Turns out that when I bootstrapped the data from excel it was erroring out on the server. I went and trimmed down the excel sheets to only the data I really needed and then it worked out.