[Camera Plugin] Remembering flash settings on camera

Forge Component
(28)
Published on 14 Feb (13 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
28 votes
Published on 14 Feb (13 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

I have an issue that is very frustrating for my users.  Generally, most of them take pictures of lighted signs in the dark.  More often than not, the automatic flash setting on the camera will cause the flash to trigger, resulting in a very dark photo (since the lighted signs are in the distance).  So, most of my users will turn of the flash in the camera viewfinder, take the photo, and move on.

The problem lies in the fact that the camera plugin does not "remember" their preference, causing them to have to change the flash setting for each photo they take.

Is there a way for me to make my users happy by somehow controlling that setting, or at least having the plugin remember the currently set value while they are using the app?

Hi Mike,

I looked into the Cordova plugin used in this OutSystems plugin and there is no option to save or set the Flash mode.

In a previous project, I used the Camera Preview plugin and this one lets you choose the Flash mode. This plugin doesn't use the native camera experience so check if it suits you before use it.

Hope I could help somehow.

Cheers,

AP

Thank you for highlighting this option Antonio.  After reviewing the preview plugin, it won't work for my needs, but I appreciate you taking the time!