RichWidgets\List_Navigation and compliance with labelling the region

Hi there,

This question primarily relates to accessibility and compliance with WCAG.

The RichWidgets\List_Navigation generates a results <nav> element by default, which is excellent. However, how do you assign an aria-label to this, please? This could then provide: 

<nav aria-label="search results navigation"> -- SEARCH PAGINATION HERE -- </nav>

Inevitably, results will be displayed on a page which has main navigational elements, further up the document hierarchy.  We must, therefore, provide a distinction between the different <nav> elements, in an accessible manner.

Thanks, Sue.

Hi, friend.

Can you explain better this issue? What exactilly you want to do?

See wants to know how to add aria-label="search results navigation" attribute to the nav element that OutSystems generates when you use the RichWidgets\List_Navigation widget.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

See wants to know how to add aria-label="search results navigation" attribute to the nav element that OutSystems generates when you use the RichWidgets\List_Navigation widget.

This is the correct understanding, thank you.

Unfortunately I do not have an answer

Thanks anyway.  I'm not sure that it's possible to add attributes to a widget, as they seem to be a sealed 'blackbox'.

It would be great (and help applications to be standards compliant) if OutSystems provided an easy way to add attributes such as this.

Hi Sue Shoesmith,

Unfortunately, you're right. The only option in this case would be using Javascript. 

You can check the annexed oml with a possible solution. I created a ServerAction, SetAriaLabel, that is used on the Preparation of the screen. It has two parameters, for WidgetId and the aria-label message: