Combo Box special list value

how to the visible input tag when i select a xyz from special list value??
and how to insert input tag value instead of this combo box value??

Hi Hafiz,

You need to use special variable here. If user select some value from list then special variable will be -1. If user select some value from special list then value of special variable will not be 1.

For more reference please refer video : https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1768/widgets-ii/

Thanks.

Hafiz Shaheed wrote:

how to the visible input tag when i select a xyz from special list value??
and how to insert input tag value instead of this combo box value??

Hello Hafiz, 

You can bind local bool local variable with input filed and default value will be set as false. so this bool variable will be switch the condition between show & hide. 

On the dropdown change event you can check the dropdown selected value is "XYZ" then change the bool variable value accordingly.  

Vikas Sharma wrote:

Hi Hafiz,

You need to use special variable here. If user select some value from list then special variable will be -1. If user select some value from special list then value of special variable will not be 1.

For more reference please refer video : https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1768/widgets-ii/

Thanks

hi Vikas,

not much help

Hi Hafiz,

You should really explain better what you are trying to do. I don't think anyone here understands you, so giving the right help is difficult.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hafiz,

You should really explain better what you are trying to do. I don't think anyone here understands you, so giving the right help is difficult.

you always saying that in my every question

Well, perhaps you should improve your questions then ;).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, perhaps you should improve your questions then ;).

I will try my level best but your reply is disappointing m..
in the end  i will leave outsystem platform 

Hi Hafiz,

If you want people to be able to answer questions you have, you must make sure that you write questions in a way that people understand them. It's up to you, as the one asking the questions, to make sure they're understandable. We are doing our best to help, but if there's a question I don't understand, I'll ask for more information. If that's for you a reason to leave the OutSystems Platform, I doubt whether you had much incentive to learn it anyway.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hafiz,

If you want people to be able to answer questions you have, you must make sure that you write questions in a way that people understand them. It's up to you, as the one asking the questions, to make sure they're understandable. We are doing our best to help, but if there's a question I don't understand, I'll ask for more information. If that's for you a reason to leave the OutSystems Platform, I doubt whether you had much incentive to learn it anyway.

no someone answering my question they all try to understand my question and give me the solution

after your reply no answering look at the above reply check all reply

They try to answer the question, but often fail or are answering the wrong question because they misunderstood you, and you answered "not much help", which is kinda rude. It's you that needs to make sure people understand what your asking.

Anyway, this is turning into a meta discussion, I suggest we leave it at this.

Solution

Well, we are kind of lacking new ideas. Let me try again :

To use the Special list you must put the name of your special variable in the correspondent property from the combo box

then if one of the special list is selected the "SelectStatus" is null identifier and   variable in the special variable property gets the value correspondent to the selection. 

If you want to use items from the list or  write new ones , you can use a normal input field with an 'Input_AutoComplete' ( from richWidgets)  associated with it. 

Hope this help you to remain with us.

Graça

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

They try to answer the question, but often fail or are answering the wrong question because they misunderstood you, and you answered "not much help", which is kinda rude. It's you that needs to make sure people understand what your asking.

Anyway, this is turning into a meta discussion, I suggest we leave it at this.

Sorry Kilian sorry you are my senior and I respect you sorry again