Good Day,

I would like to a question regarding this exercise, in the part where I add a contact details using REST. After I successfully added that details. does this mean that record would exist only in this application only?

Dear Gerald,

REST APIs are endpoints which can be hosted inside environment or outside environment.

If your API is creating contact details inside a data-table, within environment, you can add reference of it to any other application.
Or if its saving data outside your environment, you will need get/list API which will get contact list/details as per your need from the same database table.

Moreover to your question,
I believe you are talking about this Lesson: Writing Data to a REST API (POST and PUT)
If you will check previous lessons, you will find out how to : Retrieving Data from a REST API (GET)

Regards,

Palak Patel wrote:

Dear Gerald,

REST APIs are endpoints which can be hosted inside environment or outside environment.

If your API is creating contact details inside a data-table, within environment, you can add reference of it to any other application.
Or if its saving data outside your environment, you will need get/list API which will get contact list/details as per your need from the same database table.

Moreover to your question,
I believe you are talking about this Lesson: Writing Data to a REST API (POST and PUT)
If you will check previous lessons, you will find out how to : Retrieving Data from a REST API (GET)

Regards,

Ok will do sir