Preview Label content instead of IDs of a Combo Box

Dear All,

Nice to e-meet you. I am a new member and i need your help.

I have a combo box with two possible options for the user, the Car and the Boat.

When the user select his/her option, then in database saved the 1 or 2 as additional id values.

My need is to preview the label content (Car or Boat) and not the id of every user option (1 or 2)

Due to i am new user , please clarify the required actions step by step in details and share possible screens.

Note the need is about web only.

Hi George,

Say the Static Entity is called Transportation, and your Id is in a variable called TransporationId, you can then use the Expression GetTransportation(TransportationId).Label to get the label text.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi George,

Say the Static Entity is called Transportation, and your Id is in a variable called TransporationId, you can then use the Expression GetTransportation(TransportationId).Label to get the label text.

Thank you for your reply.

My Static Entity named paralavi and the ID in the variable named ID. 

So i use the attached expression but i get the displayed error.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Hi George,

My bad, the GetXxx Entity Actions return a Record, so you need Getparalavi(Id).paralavi.Label.

Hello Kilian 

thanks for you reply.

I add the provided expression and i get the displayed attached error.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Hi George.

Where is your expression located?
Because there is no ID variable available at this scope.

Cheers.

To add to what Eduardo says, you'll need the Variable that holds the Id value from your Combo Box.

Please clarify from which path i can see my variable(s) which holds the id value from my combo box.

Hi George,

I assume you created that Combo Box yourself, so I'm not sure what the confusion is? Also, in the Expression Editor pop-up, below the Expression there's a tree control that shows all the Variables that are in scope.

Due to i am new member can you clarify how can i preview the variable(s)?

In order to help you, i attach an additional screen

I can't see your combo box. Where do you have it? Can you perhaps add your Module (OML) to a post so we can take a look?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I can't see your combo box. Where do you have it? Can you perhaps add your Module (OML) to a post so we can take a look?

Hi George,

The paralavi Static Entity isn't even used in that OML, so I'm not sure what variable you think holds an Id of it. There's also no Combo Box, so I'm a bit confused here...

Thanks for your reply.

In the "FormEditl" web screen there is the combobox (check attachement) The user has the option to select A and B (two list of values) in the combobox. In the database the selected by user option saved as 1 or 2 and not with the label of it.

The need is to preview the label (and not the selected by user option ) to the web block named "Forms"