Web service calls between environments

Hello all!

One business requirement that me and my team are trying to develop requires a web service call between our QA and DEV environments. When we are able to solve the issue we are currently experiencing, we want this call to be established between our Production and Training environments as well.

The idea is that in QA (or Production) the tool will be able to query the data present in DEV (or Training) and redirect the user to that environment. To be able to query the database in a different environment, we have developed a REST API service and we have set its base url value to the desired environment. While developing this, we were able to correctly expose and consume the service to test the logic pointing it from DEV to DEV. However, when we try to point it from QA to DEV, it returns an 'Unable to connect to remote server' error. Even when we point the request from QA to QA, it returns the same error.

Has any of you experienced something similar?

Thank you

Have you figured out what was the problem Angelo? 

Security configuration? 

Don't let us hanged out man

regards

Graça

Hi Angelo,

A couple of questions...

I assume we are talking about an on-premise environment?

First you need to make sure that your infrastructure is compliant with the network requirements.

Second, as I’ve seen this problem before, is your QA environment by any chance in a different network LAN (or Virtual LAN) than your DEV environment? If so, a firewall or unopened port could be blocking the request.

Last, could you share the error log details? As the error stack could give us more information on what’s going wrong.

Regards,

Nordin

Maria da Graça Peixoto wrote:

Have you figured out what was the problem Angelo? 

Security configuration? 

Don't let us hanged out man

regards

Graça

Hello Graça

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure this out

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Angelo,

A couple of questions...

I assume we are talking about an on-premise environment?

First you need to make sure that your infrastructure is compliant with the network requirements.

Second, as I’ve seen this problem before, is your QA environment by any chance in a different network LAN (or Virtual LAN) than your DEV environment? If so, a firewall or unopened port could be blocking the request.

Last, could you share the error log details? As the error stack could give us more information on what’s going wrong.

Regards,

Nordin

Hello Nordin. Thanks for the response

Yes, we are compliant with the network requirements. The application in which we are developing this requirement is pretty established already (in production for almost 3 years now).

As for the network, our QA and DEV environments are inside the same network, so that's probably not it.

Finally, for the error stack, as you might understand, I cannot share date because it shows some sensitive data. However, when I try to make a call from QA to DEV, I get a 'The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.' error in Service Center

Hello Angelo,

It’s ok I understand. 

In that case, I’m pretty sure it has to do with the SSL certificate of your environment. Maybe it is self-signed.

In any case, maybe one of these post can help you figure it out.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Troubleshooting/%22Could_not_establish_trust_relationship_for_the_SSL%2F%2FTLS%22_error

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/5690//

Regards,

Nordin

Hello Ardin

Thanks for your help. We will try to install the necessary certificates. I will let you know if this solved our issue

Thanks a lot 

We’re here to help Angelo :).

Yes, please update this post if there are any developments with the issue.

Regards,

Nordin