Service Studio won't start in Parallels VM on Mac

Personal Environment

Service Studio V11.6.26 (Build 9940)

When you click on the Service Studio application icon the loader image appears, the status bar completes and then the loader image disappears and Service Studio just doesn't open and no error message displays.

Have uninstalled, reinstalled different versions with no success and same outcome. No issues with Integration Studio - it opens just fine.

There must be a dependency missing but how can you tell what it is?

This msg in the General.txt file but I've also got the same on another PC where Service Studio is working.

Exceptions: [09:23:46.088] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OutSystems.Applications' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'OutSystems.Applications'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.AppDomain.Load(String assemblyString)
   at ServiceStudio.Runtime.GetAssemblies(String[] assembliesNames)

Solution

Hi Ronan, 

Have you tried to install in another computer? 

Can you provide prints of your installing process? 

Have you tried with other VM tool like Virtual Box for instance? 

I have read this doc, but it does not quote any specific VM software.

Ultimately, you can open a support ticket at OutSystems. 

Thanks, 

Solution

Hi Otavio

Thanks for your reply.

That is what I've ended up doing. Installed on a fresh Win10 VM via Parallels and it works!

Not the worst thing in the world but would have prefered to only have to maintain 1 separate Windows VM.

Thanks, Ronan

Otavio Souza wrote:

Hi Ronan, 

Have you tried to install in another computer? 

Can you provide prints of your installing process? 

Have you tried with other VM tool like Virtual Box for instance? 

I have read this doc, but it does not quote any specific VM software.

Ultimately, you can open a support ticket at OutSystems. 

Thanks, 

Hi Ronan, 

Nice to see you found your way around. 

If you consider you have reached a satisfactory solution, please, mark this post as solved so that community can focus on still open problems. =) 

Thanks,

Otavio Souza.

No worries I have done!

Not fully in agreement with it being a full solution, more a workaround and not actually fixed the specific problem.

My next action was to look at the virus protection as I think it may have been the culprit.

I raised a ticket with support but not holding out for a definitive answer.

Thanks for your help.