How to overcome Page slowness issue?

Hi All,

A page contains a list of records in a table where more than 3,00,000 records are there. So, it is taking more time to load the page and on click of pagination of a table, again it is taking more time to load the data, I'm using an Aggregate to feed the page. 

Could you please help me to reduce the page loads time.

Regards,

Santhu

santhu MS wrote:

Hi All,

A page contains a list of records in a table where more than 3,00,000 records are there. So, it is taking more time to load the page and on click of pagination of a table, again it is taking more time to load the data, I'm using an Aggregate to feed the page. 

Could you please help me to reduce the page loads time.

Regards,

Santhu

Hi Santhu,

If you are using scaffolding to create the table on screen then it will automatically add the pagination logic to fetch the number of records mentioned in the table.

But if you have created aggrigate yourself please make sure that you have managed pagination logic accordingly otherwise it may fetch all data everytime and display jusy few rows. Looks like this is the case with you.

Or please share your OML so that we can check.

Do you have indexes on the columns you are filtering on?

Also, if you have binary data in a column, make sure not to populate it into list variables as the viewstate can get quite big.

If you have filters with OR conditions, see if you can rewrite them with ANDs as the SQL optimizer sometimes can get confused with conditional logic.

Hi,

How do you fetch the data?

That really depends if the platform actually fetches only the page-size or it could be fetching all 3 million and only shows the current page.

Hi Santhu,

Slowness of your page may be because of size of data. You need to make sure that you have implemented page size , pagination correctly as increasing the records of page would increase viewstate of your page making the page heavy. You also need to check your aggregate may be you are pulling whole data and that would consume your memory as well as it would perform slow 

If you can share oml as jinuse suggested we can help more 

Best Regards

Devendra Baghel