So I know that for a get you need a particular ID unless your returning a list of all data. Then a response with the different structures that would be returned for the attributes. So for a delete would there even be a response? Like if I wanted to create a function to delete a single record would I need a response? What would that service action look like?

Hi, i don't understanded your doubt very well, you want know how to create a delete action?

Can you explain again?

Leonardo Nascimento wrote:

Hi, i don't understanded your doubt very well, you want know how to create a delete action?

Can you explain again?

Yes please, if you'd like you could point me in the direction of a guide if it would be simpler. I just can't seem to find where to look

Jaret Sanchez wrote:

So I know that for a get you need a particular ID unless your returning a list of all data. Then a response with the different structures that would be returned for the attributes. So for a delete would there even be a response? Like if I wanted to create a function to delete a single record would I need a response? What would that service action look like?

Hi,

No response, but in case of any exception/error it will throw

Hi Jaret Sanchez,

You have the explanation of the several inputs and outputs of all the entity actions automatically available for use whenever you define an Entity here.

DeleteEntity and UpdateEntity actions only do not have any output, as their behaviour doesn't require one, but like Jitendra mentions, they can throw Database exceptions (and Communication exceptions for Mobile/Reactive Web).

If you are looking into creating wrapper Service Actions for this functionality, I suggest you first read Justin's article series on OutSystems CRUD Wrappers:

1. OutSystems CRUD Wrapper Basics 
  2. Laying the Foundation for OutSystems CRUD Wrappers
  3. OutSystems CRUD Wrapper Checklist

Hope this helps!