[OutSystems UI Web] On Tabindex dropdown select skip the dropdown focus

Forge Component
(57)
Published on 18 May by OutSystems R&D
57 votes
Published on 18 May by OutSystems R&D

Hi ,

I m using dropwown menus with submenus and select2 but how to make both of this controls working with keyboard as this not even got focus and skip on tabbing as I need it for Accessibility.

Thanks

Ashi

Hello Ashi,

Are you using Select2 together with OutSystems UI Web? Select2 was a pattern of Silk UI which has been replaced now by Dropdown Select in OutSystems UI Web and works either with a combo box or list box (DropDownMenu is a RichWidget).

We shouldn't mix Silk UI with the OutSystems UI Web.

PS. Please provide more context or screenshots, it would help to understand what you are trying to achieve :-)

Best regards,

Ania

Anna Wojdyla wrote:

Hello Ashi,

Are you using Select2 together with OutSystems UI Web? Select2 was a pattern of Silk UI which has been replaced now by Dropdown Select in OutSystems UI Web and works either with a combo box or list box (DropDownMenu is a RichWidget).

We shouldn't mix Silk UI with the OutSystems UI Web.

PS. Please provide more context or screenshots, it would help to understand what you are trying to achieve :-)

Best regards,

Ania

No I m using Combobox its not getting focus on keyboard tabing

Hi Ashi,

The only thing I can think of now is if you confirmed that DropdownSelect is linked to the combo box. This can be achieved by giving the name to the combo box and then referencing its ID in the WidgetId field of the DropdownSelect properties.

Best regards :-)

Ania

Anna Wojdyla wrote:

Hi Ashi,

The only thing I can think of now is if you confirmed that DropdownSelect is linked to the combo box. This can be achieved by giving the name to the combo box and then referencing its ID in the WidgetId field of the DropdownSelect properties.

Best regards :-)

Ania

Thanks for the reply Anna

its not DropdownSelect ,I m using combo box and Dropdown

Thanks

Hi Ashi!

Aaa... Dropdown UI Pattern! Then I think the best way to use it would be combining it with ListRecords. See that link: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Web_Patterns/Controls/Dropdown

Best regards,

Ania