Dynamic WebService URL

Dynamic WebService URL

Is it possible to set a dynamic Webservice URL like a site property?

Hi Filipe,

Yes, you can change the wsdl url in Service Center but you'll need to republish the eSpace afterwards.

If you need to change it dynamically you can also use the EnhancedWebReferences Extension.

Let me know if this was what you were looking for.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões

I used the SetWebReferenceURL onSessionStart system action and i have set
WebReferenceName:"Entidades"
URL: the wsdl

then i have made a test but it didnt work.

Hi Filipe,

The SetWebReferencesURL is valid in the current Web Request, that is why it does not work if you place the operation in the OnSessionStart action.
For the action to affect a Web Service request, you must guarrantee you call the EnhancedWebReferences actions in the same Web Request (for example, just before calling the web service).

If you are putting the value in the OnSessionStart, I assume you are always using the same URL. If this is true, the best way to solve your problem is to place the effective URL you want to use in the Web Reference property (that you can find in the Web References tab in the eSpace detail page in Service Center).

Does this solve your problem?

Best Regards,
Daniel Lourenço

No.What i want to do is to set a site property with the WSDL and update the webservice WSDL when i change the site property value.It makes a WSDL dynamic
Hi Filipe,

Then you just have to guarrantee that in the scope of one request you call the EnhancedWebReference actions before the Web Service call. Maybe the easier is to encapsulate the web service call in user actions that before calling the web service, set the correct Web Service URL.

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço