Connection to DB

Hi Team,

Is it possible to connect ext DB to Outsystem, configuring external DB connection when I am connected to only personal environment in OutSystems? Have downloaded SQL server, created a DB. Now I want to connect to Outsystem but it gives me error 40.

I have checked articles related to it but nowhere it is mentioned that we cannot connect to external db if we are connected to personal environment.

Any response or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepika 

Solution

Hi Deepika,

You can connect to external database only if your database is publicly accessible because personal environments run on outsystems cloud. As you have mentioned you have downloaded and installed SQL Server so looks like you have installed it on your local machine which your personal can not access.

Solution

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Deepika,

You can connect to external database only if your database is publicly accessible because personal environments run on outsystems cloud. As you have mentioned you have downloaded and installed SQL Server so looks like you have installed it on your local machine which your personal can not access.

Thanks Nikhil 

Hi Deepika,

Please mark the solution as answer if it solves your issue or help you to understand reason why it is not working.