I changed my app's title and uploaded a custom icon, but users still see old Icon

Basically what the title says. Users can see the new title of the app, but the custom icon I uploaded didn't actually update, even though I can confirm I see the new icon in my local outsystems development environment.

Hi Akis,

This can be a browser caching issue. Try to do ctrl+F5 in browser and see if it resolves the issue.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Akis,

This can be a browser caching issue. Try to do ctrl+F5 in browser and see if it resolves the issue.

I thought of that as well, it's not a cache issue. Tried different browsers/incognito mode etc

Solution

Fixed it by replacing every image asset in the workflow (including default logo) with my image... Even though the new custom image I uploaded was already included as an asset. Also downscaled it to 196x196 from 650x650, so maybe the scale was the issue.

Solution

Hi Akis,

Is this a mobile or a traditional desktop app? How did you change your application icon?

If it's a mobile app, you need to publish and generate a new version. If it's a desktop application and you changed the module icon here, this isn't presented to app users, just developers in Service Studio:

Nevermind, I see you got it!

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Akis,

Is this a mobile or a traditional desktop app? How did you change your application icon?

If it's a mobile app, you need to publish and generate a new version. If it's a desktop application and you changed the module icon here, this isn't presented to app users, just developers in Service Studio:

Nevermind, I see you got it!

It was a reactive web-app. Of course I published after every change, numerous times, but the icon was still not changing. I think it was a downscaling issue. I guess outsystems should show dimensions limits or downscale larger icons automatically.