I changed my app's title and uploaded a custom icon, but users still see old Icon
Question

Basically what the title says. Users can see the new title of the app, but the custom icon I uploaded didn't actually update, even though I can confirm I see the new icon in my local outsystems development environment.

Solution

Fixed it by replacing every image asset in the workflow (including default logo) with my image... Even though the new custom image I uploaded was already included as an asset. Also downscaled it to 196x196 from 650x650, so maybe the scale was the issue.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Akis,

This can be a browser caching issue. Try to do ctrl+F5 in browser and see if it resolves the issue.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Akis,

This can be a browser caching issue. Try to do ctrl+F5 in browser and see if it resolves the issue.

I thought of that as well, it's not a cache issue. Tried different browsers/incognito mode etc

Solution

Fixed it by replacing every image asset in the workflow (including default logo) with my image... Even though the new custom image I uploaded was already included as an asset. Also downscaled it to 196x196 from 650x650, so maybe the scale was the issue.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Akis,

Is this a mobile or a traditional desktop app? How did you change your application icon?

If it's a mobile app, you need to publish and generate a new version. If it's a desktop application and you changed the module icon here, this isn't presented to app users, just developers in Service Studio:

Nevermind, I see you got it!

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Akis,

Is this a mobile or a traditional desktop app? How did you change your application icon?

If it's a mobile app, you need to publish and generate a new version. If it's a desktop application and you changed the module icon here, this isn't presented to app users, just developers in Service Studio:

Nevermind, I see you got it!

It was a reactive web-app. Of course I published after every change, numerous times, but the icon was still not changing. I think it was a downscaling issue. I guess outsystems should show dimensions limits or downscale larger icons automatically.

I have the same issue, Cannot fix it :(

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.