ActiveX component Integration

ActiveX component Integration

Hello,

I'm testing the OS platform (I'm new to the OS platform, I have been using Service Studio 5.0 for tests, but still missing the usage of Integration Studio 5.0) and I need some tips on what is the best way to use an existing ActiveX component for photo capture (using webcam) in several webscreens.

Could you give me some pointers on this ?

Thanks in advance

Ana

Hi Ana,

To include an ActiveX component on a web screen you'll need to include the OCX file as a resource in your eSpace and then use an Expression widget with the object HTML code (e.g. something like "<object classid=""clsid:ASAATC65-8C52-11D3-ABFF-0040055DE809"" codebase=""/YourEspace/yourcontrol.ocx"" ... it depends on the control) and set the Escape Content property of that widget to No.

Remember that you'll also need to escape double-quotes "" or alternatively use single quotes '.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Tiago Hi,

Can you elaborate more on your answer. I'm using the Outsystems 8.0.1 and I need to use an ActiveX control for scanning purposes. I need to add this to the page:

// In VintaSoft example:
  <OBJECT ID="VSTwain1" WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1
          CLASSID="CLSID:1169E0CD-9E76-11D7-B1D8-FB63945DE96D"
          CODEBASE="">
  </OBJECT>

// In your code:
          CODEBASE="http://www.your-server.com/.../VSTwain.cab#version=5,2,9,3">
  </OBJECT>

How can I accomplish this on the version 8.0.1 ?

The steps described below I need to replicate them on Outsystems.

What should I do for adding the ActiveX to my web project?

You should perform the following actions:

• Upload VSTwain.dll file onto your web server.
  • Change the code base of OBJECT object in your HTML code:
  // In VintaSoft example:
          CODEBASE="">
  </OBJECT>

// In your code:
          CODEBASE="http://www.your-server.com/.../VSTwain.cab#version=5,2,9,3">
  </OBJECT>

In this case you won't need to install ActiveX on all client computers. When the user opens your web page the ActiveX will be installed automatically.

VSTwain.cab file can be found in "Bin" directory of the setup package.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Alexei
Hi Alixei,

You can add the cab file as a resource to your espace (with deploy action Deploy to Target Directory) and use an expression widget with the Escape Content property set to false. You'll also need to double the double quotes.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões