Search between values in a form

Hello All,

i have a form in which the user write some number values with the specific format (the format has agreed with the user). For example:

1343-1564, 2313-2334

Also, I have a search form and when the user write a value, then i want to check if the given value included between 1343-1564 or 2313-2334 (including the values 1343,1564, 2313  and 2334).

Any advise or suggestion?

Hi George,

First, parse the user input, so that in case the user inputs "1343-1564", you have "1343" and "1564". Then use TextToInteger to convert those strings to integer values. I don't think I need to explain what you need to do when checking whether another number falls into that range :).

Hi George ,

You only need to set the values into a local variable or session variable and after insert the filter in your query / Aggregate.

In advance query you can use " Between" , in aggegate you have to make two condicions, <= and > =

Like Killian said the best way is also convert to TextToInteger .

Thanks for your reply.

This is the logic if the user inputs "1343-1564". For the cases where the user inputs more values series? (example 1343-1564, 2313-2334, 5001-8544)

Instance of you compare the values directly, you convert the values in the way that Killian told you, but from the variables. You have this values into the variables, so you need convert the values inside the variables. 

Hi George,

Parsing will be slightly more difficult, but still doable, and you'll probaby want to store the value pairs in a List. You can then For Each over the List to check multiple times with the different min/max values.

Due to the user is unknown how many value series will input, (maybe 2 or more than 50), please clarify how many variables are needed?

What don't you understand about "you'll probaby want to store the value pairs in a List"?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi George,

Parsing will be slightly more difficult, but still doable, and you'll probaby want to store the value pairs in a List. You can then For Each over the List to check multiple times with the different min/max values.

How can i store the values in a list?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

What don't you understand about "you'll probaby want to store the value pairs in a List"?

i dotn get you , sorry :(

Hi George,

This is very, very basic OutSystems. Did you take the tutorials at all? If you have problems with specific OutSystems-related subjects, we're more than willing to help, but you'll need to put in some effort yourself!

Hello Kilian and thanks for your reply. Yes of course i have already spend time to search and to read a lot of topics. Please, believe me i did it. :) So, your help is highly appreciated.

I'm not talking about searching and reading, I'm talking about taking the guided paths, or some courses. If you've never heard of the List System Actions like ListAppend, I'd think you didn't. My best advise therefore is that you follow the guided paths and take some additional courses, before trying your hand at application development.

You have to parse the value using Substr or using list and for each .

The best way and clean is using list and for each

I'm totally agree with Kilian.. George, take some time to do the trainings from OutSystems which Kilian show you. It'll help you a lot.