Hello,

I am working on looking into if Outsystems logs can be exported to be viewed through our ELK stack and I think we could leverage Informatica to do some data integration on the log tables and trigger a process to grab new rows and send them to the Elasticsearch server.

The one thing I was wondering about is that part of our standard is that all logs have a Correlation Identifier that meets these requirements

Correlate log entries through these steps:

• At the start of every transaction, generate a Correlation Identifier
  • Pass the Correlation Id along the logical thread, through the life of the transaction
  • Include the Correlation Id in any requests to external systems

It looks like the RequestKey is basically what I'm looking for and was wondering if there is a way I can get that key from the request itself and pass that along to any external systems not developed in Outsystems such as our .NET Core microservices.

Thanks

Solution

Kevin VanderWulp wrote:

Hello,

I am working on looking into if Outsystems logs can be exported to be viewed through our ELK stack and I think we could leverage Informatica to do some data integration on the log tables and trigger a process to grab new rows and send them to the Elasticsearch server.

The one thing I was wondering about is that part of our standard is that all logs have a Correlation Identifier that meets these requirements

Correlate log entries through these steps:

• At the start of every transaction, generate a Correlation Identifier
  • Pass the Correlation Id along the logical thread, through the life of the transaction
  • Include the Correlation Id in any requests to external systems

It looks like the RequestKey is basically what I'm looking for and was wondering if there is a way I can get that key from the request itself and pass that along to any external systems not developed in Outsystems such as our .NET Core microservices.

Thanks

I found the documentation for the PlatformRuntime API that says to include the Request_GetKey server action. This is exactly what I needed.

Solution

Hi Kevin VanderWulp

Regarding sending to Elastic the OutSystems logs, you might be interested in the work OutSystems made and it's freely and publicly available at:

https://github.com/OutSystems/outsystems-elastic-integration

If you have questions, don't hesitate to post them.

We, OutSystems, are also very interested in having insights on the work you and your organization challenges regarding this and monitoring and observability, in general, of OutSystems systems.

Warmly,

Urbano Freitas