From what you say, you are facing 2 upgrades and 1 migration at the same time:
There is no step-by-step document that explains this, but I can give give you some insight on what has to be done.
Please bare in mind that if you are talking about a production server upgrade, you must always do two things before upgrading:
1. Validate and fix any breaking changes that might affect your applications. Please read through the Side Effects and Breaking Changes in Version 5.0 to get the full list of breaking changes in version 5.0 of the OutSystems Agile Platform;
2. Install your (fixed) applications in an OutSystems Agile Platform 5.0 staging environment and execute regression tests in your running applications;
In a high level, the steps to do to perform your upgrade are the following:
- Download a FULL 4.2 SOLUTION with all eSpaces and extensions from your OutSystems Agile Platform 4.2 server
- Request the License for your 5.0 server - Before installing, you should guarrantee you have a license available for your new 5.0 server. In case you only have licensing for 4.2 servers, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to deal with the license upgrade process.
- Backup the original database and restore it in the new Database Server (this way you'll have your Outsystems 4.2 database in the new DB server)
- Please read through the technical note Migrating an Environment Using a Database Clone. This technical note explains how you must clear some data that cannot be moved from one server to the other (eg. which are the outsystems servers IPs where applications are deployed, etc.)
- Install the new the Agile Platform 5.0 in the new Windows Standard 2008 64 bit server
- To do this installation follow the Platform Server 5.0 - .NET Install Checklist (In the Configure Database step, you must configure the database shema and users to access the restored database. When you press the "Create/Upgrade Database", this will upgrade your OS 4.2 database to version 5.0)
- Read the Agile Platform 5.0 - Systems Requirements
- Publish a FULL 4.2 SOLUTION you downloaded in the first step in your new 5.0 server (this will upgrade and publish all your eSpaces and extensions to 5.0)
- Reconfige you applications in the new server - if the Outsystems Server name or IP address changes, you might have to change some configurations in your applications.
See also the document What's New in Agile Platform version 5.0.
I hope this information helps.
This SQL is useful info.
We'll need to see what's the easiest way to migrate the data.
Keep you posted.