Xrange HighCharts implementation

Hello,

I'm looking for a use case for the HighCharts XRange series implementation in outsystems if someone has tried it. 

My data includes 3-4 production lines which have different schedules for running per day, which I want represented on the XRange series. 

Here's the view:

Well, a preliminary test shows it's possible, but I had to do some things. My test uses a copy/paste of the JSON of this example on the Highcharts site:

What I did:

1. I used the BarChart as a basis, with an empty SourceDataPointsList;
  2. I added an AdvancedFormatInit to the Chart's AdvancedFormat property, setting the HighchartsJSON to the JSON of the example;
  3. I added an AddJavaScriptTag (from the HTTPRequestHandler Extension) with a JavaScriptURL of "https://code.highcharts.com/6.1.4/modules/xrange.js", and Defer set to True (so it loads after the Platform Highcharts).

As you can see, it's not perfect yet, it needs some XAxisJSON to display the proper dates, the mouse-over isn't right, etc., but as a proof of concept I think it's a success :).

Thank you! Let me give it a try and mark it as resolved.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, a preliminary test shows it's possible, but I had to do some things. My test uses a copy/paste of the JSON of this example on the Highcharts site:

What I did:

1. I used the BarChart as a basis, with an empty SourceDataPointsList;
  2. I added an AdvancedFormatInit to the Chart's AdvancedFormat property, setting the HighchartsJSON to the JSON of the example;
  3. I added an AddJavaScriptTag (from the HTTPRequestHandler Extension) with a JavaScriptURL of "https://code.highcharts.com/6.1.4/modules/xrange.js", and Defer set to True (so it loads after the Platform Highcharts).

As you can see, it's not perfect yet, it needs some XAxisJSON to display the proper dates, the mouse-over isn't right, etc., but as a proof of concept I think it's a success :).

I did the same, but don't see the chart rendering. At what point did you do the point #3? As part of the preparation? 

Solution

Yeah, sorry Preperation. Attached my test OML.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Yeah, sorry Preperation. Attached my test OML.

Thanks!

You're most welcome :). Happy coding!