1) Does downloading a 20MB file crash the server? If so, can i check the .NET method that Outsystems use to download a file - is it (a) or (b)?

a) Response.TransmitFile

b) Stream.Read
Response.OutputStream.Write
Response.Flush()

2) Does having a big datediff differences between 2 dates cause the server to crash?

Hi EnthusiasticNewbie,

1) As far as my experience goes, downloading 20MB file does not crash the server. If that download takes longer than the request timeout though, users may perceive it as the server crashing (when it's just slow connectivity and timeouts). Don't really know any details on how it's implemented, but I'd suspect something closer to your option b) there, given how I see Ajax Refresh behave.

2) DiffDays, DiffHours, DiffMinutes and DiffSeconds all return (signed) Integers. The maximum supported value is (2^31)-1 days/hours/minutes/seconds. If the difference is bigger than (2^31)-1, you will get an unexpected value. (bold is taken directly from Service Studio documentation of all those built-in functions).

Nevertheless, I'll try and have someone more knowledgeable about this to give you a more definite answer.

What symptoms are you experiencing that make you think the server may be crashing? Error messages? Something else? Glad to help, but we need something to go on here. :)

Thanks!

J.Ja

Certainly JJ.

I cannot view my web page. On top of that, other teams cannot view their web pages too. We have  4 teams doing 4 different web apps.

The server only logged: "The Diff Dates function resulted in an overflow"

EnthusiaticNewbie wrote:

Certainly JJ.

I cannot view my web page. On top of that, other teams cannot view their web pages too. We have  4 teams doing 4 different web apps.

Got it! Sounds like you hit an issue where your two dates were too far apart from each other and the result was larger than the data type supported.

J.Ja

Justin James wrote:

EnthusiaticNewbie wrote:

Certainly JJ.

Got it! Sounds like you hit an issue where your two dates were too far apart from each other and the result was larger than the data type supported.

J.Ja

Interesting case!

How large can this difference be? 

Maybe check to see if some null dates are being compared or something. GL

Filipe Silva wrote:

Justin James wrote:

EnthusiaticNewbie wrote:

Certainly JJ.

J.Ja

Interesting case!

How large can this difference be? 

Maybe check to see if some null dates are being compared or something. GL

Jorge's answer (above) has the details, suggest you check that, confirm that's what is going on, and mark his as the solution if that is what is definitely happening. :)

J.Ja