error while connecting to external table

Hi Outsystem's enthusiasts,

I am new to outsystem and accessing its external db connection.

My db connection has been set up correctly but when i am trying to create table in integration studio I am getting error saying

Error RETRIVING ENTITIES:one or more error occured.

further checking this in log i am getting following:

One or more errors occurred.
   at ssServiceCenter.Actions.WsIntegrationStudio.WebSrvcIntegrationStudioEntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(HeContext heContext, String inParamusername, String inParampassword, RLEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecordList inParamtableNames, RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inParamserver, RLEntityIntrospectionEntityViewRecordList& outParamentityViews)
   at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.IntegrationStudio.EntityIntrospectionGetEntityViews(String inWSusername, String inWSpassword, WORCEntityIntrospectionTableNameRecord[] inWStableNames, WORCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inWSserver, WORCEntityIntrospectionEntityViewRecord[]& outWSentityViews)

can someone help me solving this issue? It will be great help

What type of database you try connect?
Azure or SQL Server?

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

What type of database you try connect?
Azure or SQL Server?

Mysql database

1. Tell us which version of the platform and Development Environment are you using? Is it cloud or on-prem infrastructure? Also, what is the version of MySQL database?
  2. The user you're using has enough permissions to do this operation?
  3. Do you have more information about this error to share?
  4. Could you please check if you have any error logged in service center during this operation?
    1. (Have you seen Service Center > Monitoring > Errors if you have a log entry with error detail?)

1. Tell us which version of the platform and Development Environment are you using? Is it cloud or on-prem infrastructure? Also, what is the version of MySQL database?
  2. The user you're using has enough permissions to do this operation?
  3. Do you have more information about this error to share?
  4. Could you please check if you have any error logged in service center during this operation?
    1. (Have you seen Service Center > Monitoring > Errors if you have a log entry with error detail?)

First of thanks for quick help following are the answers:

1. I am using personal environment, 11.6.27 for outsystem and 11.6.23 for outsystem integration studio.

as this is for evaluation purpose i have taken dummy free database from www.freesqldatabase.com and connection tested succesfully.

In this case the workaround would be to create your entities manually. Make sure you fill the "Table or View Name" and "Logical Database" fields, and that for each attribute you fill the appropriate values. Attached is an example of a MySQL entity.

In this case the workaround would be to create your entities manually. Make sure you fill the "Table or View Name" and "Logical Database" fields, and that for each attribute you fill the appropriate values. Attached is an example of a MySQL entity.

But what is the issue can you explain me that why I need to do workaround for such a basic step?

So, your connection works, but can't find entities. A couple of years ago, a similar error appeared.

There you can read that Outsystems can't generate an entity from external tables when there are user-defined data types.

Please try with a simpler table. With strings, numbers, and dates. That should work.

Nuno Reis wrote:

So, your connection works, but can't find entities. A couple of years ago, a similar error appeared.

There you can read that Outsystems can't generate an entity from external tables when there are user-defined data types.

Please try with a simpler table. With strings, numbers, and dates. That should work.

Hi I have created basic table with just one primary key as integer and just one Name as string , I have not used any user-defined data types

Anushree Kaple wrote:

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hi I have created basic table with just one primary key as integer and just one Name as string , I have not used any user-defined data types

Just to be sure we are speaking of the same, can you check on the video the expected behavior of mySQL connections and confirm that it fails on Entity retrieval? On minute 3?

Nuno Reis wrote:

Just to be sure we are speaking of the same, can you check on the video the expected behavior of mySQL connections and confirm that it fails on Entity retrieval? On minute 3?

yes ,correct