Is there a way to tell Service Studio to not change the type of a variable when you change its name?

I get that "guessing" the type of a variable when you create it is kinda useful, but why do it too when you just change its name?

Solution

Hi Carlos,

The only way is to use it somewhere first (so that the yellow squiggly lines are gone). But make sure to vote for this idea, and perhaps also this related one.

EDIT: I merged the second Idea into the first, so both links now point to the same Idea :).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Carlos,

The only way is to use it somewhere first (so that the yellow squiggly lines are gone). But make sure to vote for this idea, and perhaps also this related one.

I did, thanks!

It still doesn't solve the issue, but we can hope OutSystems gets around to it eventually.

Thanks for voting :). Although your issue isn't solved, could you still mark my answer as Solution? It does answer your question after all :).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Thanks for voting :). Although your issue isn't solved, could you still mark my answer as Solution? It does answer your question after all :).

Good point!

Done!

:)