why the usability suggestion message is shown on my webblock?

Hi,

I developed my own webblock to show some message without input. Therefore the following warning message is shown "Usability Suggestion:There are no widgets on WebBlock XXX submitting inputs to the server. The user inputs will be ignored". I guess the warning message will be disapeared  if i add a useless button or some other input widget.

on the other hand ,there are no warning message shown on webblock provided by OSP such as ListCounter.
Are there any difference between the two kind of webblock? how can i avoid the warning message in my webblock? 

lianjiang zhang wrote:

Hi,

I developed my own webblock to show some message without input. Therefore the following warning message is shown "Usability Suggestion:There are no widgets on WebBlock XXX submitting inputs to the server. The user inputs will be ignored". I guess the warning message will be disapeared  if i add a useless button or some other input widget.

on the other hand ,there are no warning message shown on webblock provided by OSP such as ListCounter.
Are there any difference between the two kind of webblock? how can i avoid the warning message in my webblock? 

Hi lianjiang zhang,

You have a web Block that have some input parameter So you need to have action so that you can put data to the server.

 https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/Errors_and_Warnings/Warnings/Usability_Suggestion_Warning

There is no two kind . Web Block is reusable UI. You can see List_Counter also have 3 input parameters So must need specify value for them so that it perform according to input and there will be also some action in List_Counter web  Block that fetching data from server.

Hope this may help.

Thanks

Dear Rahul,
Thanks for your rapid advice.
Actually there are some input parameters and preparation in my webblock. It is not enough,is it?


Best regards.

Dear Rahul,
Thanks for your rapid advice.
Actually there are some input parameters and preparation in my webblock. It is not enough,is it?



Best regards.

lianjiang zhang wrote:

Dear Rahul,
Thanks for your rapid advice.
Actually there are some input parameters and preparation in my webblock. It is not enough,is it?



Best regards.


Hi,

But you do not have any screen action . As u can see in documentation there is clearly mentioned . 

  • Add or edit a Button/Link and set the Method property to 'Submit' or 'Ajax Submit'. Then, use a Screen Action associated with the Button/Link to send inputs to the server;
  • Add or edit a widget with Ajax capabilities and create a new Screen Action associated in the Ajax event of the widget. Design the Screen Action logic to send inputs to the server.

Thanks

Dear Rahul,
  As you mentioned I need to add something to Submit or Ajax Submit. but when I looked at my  ListCounter which is customized from standard ListCounter, I can not find such kind of Button or Link to conduct Submit or Ajax Submit. why service studio do not show warning message on my ListCounter ?

Best Regards.

Solution

lianjiang zhang wrote:

Dear Rahul,
  As you mentioned I need to add something to Submit or Ajax Submit. but when I looked at my  ListCounter which is customized from standard ListCounter, I can not find such kind of Button or Link to conduct Submit or Ajax Submit. why service studio do not show warning message on my ListCounter ?

Best Regards.


Hi, 

If you are using input widgets in your List_Counter, Then you  need button or link to submit  data to server. Otherwise It gives warning. 

"Usability Suggestion:
There are no widgets on XXXWebBlockOrScreen submitting inputs to the server. The user inputs will be ignored."

Just remove you input widgets from screen or webblock , The warning will disappear and there is no need of any screen action . 

Input Widget takes user inputs so definitely it should have some method to use(save) that Data.Otherwise what is the purpose of user inputs that are filled in input widget.


Thanks and regards.

Solution

Dear Rahul,
Thanks for your detailed advice.
I checked my webblock again and found  I used several input in my WebBlock. I thought these widget are labels because I disabel the these items.The warning message disapeared after I removed these input items.

  Thanks again and best regards . 

lianjiang zhang wrote:

Dear Rahul,
Thanks for your detailed advice.
I checked my webblock again and found  I used several input in my WebBlock. I thought these widget are labels because I disabel the these items.The warning message disapeared after I removed these input items.

  Thanks again and best regards . 

Hi, 

 I am very happy . Because It helps you to find problem. 

Thank u .