I'm using a create action expecting values in the response. The debugger runs and I see empty values for the fields in the response though. I'm trying to return these values immediately to my front end table FAQ Id's column. I'm not sure what's going on considering the record is created proven upon refresh but when trying to return it from the response the values are missing.

Hello Jaret,

Not sure, but could be that you are not yet "using" those values?
When the platform compiles the code, it executes an optimization, and any variable not used will be "ignored". 

Usually, after using the variable/attributes as a source of something, to make a calculation, to show a message, etc, debugger start showing the values.

For example, are you using the Success value? Because it has the value True, and if you weren't using it, it would be set to False.

If this is not the case, could you show the code of the Service Action and the code of the action that uses it?

Cheers.

Solution

Jaret Sanchez wrote:

I'm using a create action expecting values in the response. The debugger runs and I see empty values for the fields in the response though. I'm trying to return these values immediately to my front end table FAQ Id's column. I'm not sure what's going on considering the record is created proven upon refresh but when trying to return it from the response the values are missing.

Hi Jaret,

Can you share some more information? I suspect the values are not assigned to the output of the service action that creates your FAQ entry. because you state that the entry is created in the database correctly this might be the problem.

Solution