Windows 7 (64 bit).  In Service Center and while creating an Oracle connection

Windows 7 (64 bit).  In Service Center and while creating an Oracle connection

I'm running Windows 7 (64 bit).  In Service Center and while creating an Oracle connection, it fails with error:

Connection String test failed: Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException.  This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.

Sqlplus works fine at a command prompt.

I'm hoping you know an "easy fix"?  I've already set the compatbility mode on the executables to Windows XP Service Pack 3 without positive results.

Hello Larry,

Support for ORACLE connection in the OutSystems Agile Platform 5.0 will only be available in February 2010 ( see the document Agile Platform 5.0 – Systems Requirements ). The connection to ORACLE is also supported only for 32-bit operating systems.

As a workaround, you can write a .Net or Java extension that connects to you ORACLE database and executes the desired statmentents in the target database.

Best Regards,
Daniel Lourenço

Hi Larry

If you are experimenting with Oracle and the Agile Platform, you could also take the chance to try it out in a real server environment using Virtual Machines. If you are running Windows 7 64 bits you probably have a comfortable amount of RAM memory in your machine, enough to use one of the free virtualization environments to install a Windows 2003 32-bits and try the Oracle connector.

I myself use VirtualBox on a daily basis and I must say, I am definitely impressed! It runs like a charm...

Why don't you give it a go?
Hello Larry

Just another reminder - the Agile Platform 5.0 does not yet support using Oracle. Support for Oracle in this version is planed to happen during 1Q 2010.
However, you may try out the Agile Platform 4.2, which is currently supporting Oracle, in case you are interested, or wait until OutSystems anounces support for Oracle in 5.0.

Hope that this helps!

Cheers,