Upload widget: How can I check if Binary content from Camera or Photo gallery

Hi guys,

I'm using Upload widget to select image. It provided both features to select from either Camera or Photo Gallery. However, I want to know if it's possible to know if the uploaded Binary Content is coming from Camera or Photo Gallery?

I need to store captured image into Device's gallery (It didn't save the captured image like Camera plugin)

Thanks,

The Upload widget itself does not appear to provide any properties that would allow you to determine the origin of the binary data it contains.

Not sure if there are any workarounds.

The only difference I found between selecting Camera or Photo Gallery, is that the filename of the photo that came from the Photo Gallery had a set of random numbers because it was already stored on the phone, while the other as it wasn’t saved yet, didn’t have that set of numbers.

I don’t know if this solution is correct or not, but I hope that it helps you in solving your problem.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Guilherme Oliveira wrote:

The only difference I found between selecting Camera or Photo Gallery, is that the filename of the photo that came from the Photo Gallery had a set of random numbers because it was already stored on the phone, while the other as it wasn’t saved yet, didn’t have that set of numbers.

I don’t know if this solution is correct or not, but I hope that it helps you in solving your problem.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Depending on the phone or manufacturer of the camera app this could differ across devices.

Bas de Jong wrote:

Guilherme Oliveira wrote:

Best regards,

Guilherme

Depending on the phone or manufacturer of the camera app this could differ across devices.

Thanks for the correction, I didn´t know that different devices could behave differently in relation to the way they store photos.

By the way, do you know which mobiles phone this applies to?