Anoymous Screen in a Internal Access or Integrated Authentication Situation

Hello

I have three questions:

1. If the security of my web is set to Integrated Authentication, and a web screen is set to anonymous, can any anonymous user access that page, or must he be logged in with integrated authentication?

2. f the security of my web is set to internal access only, and a web screen is set to anonymous, can any anonymous user access that page, or must he be inside the network?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Vonnelize,

If you set Integrated Authentication, it's a separate setting - you'll need to login into your network even if your page is set to Anonymous.

I don't have access to an environment that would make use of Internal Access to confirm, but I believe it is the same. 

Anonymous refers only to OutSystems user credentials: Integrated Authentication and Internal Access are applied independently.

Did you have a third question?

Solution

For the 2nd question:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Configure_an_Internal_Network

Internal access restricts access on an IP level, so they can not reach the environment regardless of the anonymous settings.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Vonnelize,

If you set Integrated Authentication, it's a separate setting - you'll need to login into your network even if your page is set to Anonymous.

I don't have access to an environment that would make use of Internal Access to confirm, but I believe it is the same. 

Anonymous refers only to OutSystems user credentials: Integrated Authentication and Internal Access are applied independently.

Did you have a third question?

Hi Gavin, thank you for helping! Much appreciated

I always have more questions. I suppose I will ask the third one mentioned above another day!  (Should have been two only!)

Bas de Jong wrote:

For the 2nd question:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Configure_an_Internal_Network

Internal access restricts access on an IP level, so they can not reach the environment regardless of the anonymous settings.

Thank you!