Adding dynamic widgets at runtime

Hello,

Is it possible to dynamically create textboxes? Let say in the url query string there's a variable called 

?TextboxCount=4&etc...

Is it possible to create 4 textboxes dynamically in the screen at runtime? Im working on Reactive web App

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi Lloyd,

Yes you can do it using one structure.

create a structure for input variable and based on you text box count use list append and add list item in structure and bind this structure in on table .

Take one input in this table . now you can see  based on your count you will get inputs.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Yes you can do that!

Check the .oml I attached

You do that by using a Record List and adding Records to it

Hi Lloyd,

It is possible to dynamically create textboxes.

Please have a look at the attachment. 

Do let me know if this solves your requirement.

Regards,

Saugat

Saugat Biswas wrote:

Hi Lloyd,

It is possible to dynamically create textboxes.

Please have a look at the attachment. 

Do let me know if this solves your requirement.

Regards,

Saugat

While browsing the app. add ?TextboxCount=n in the url. where n is an integer value

Hello,

Thanks for your quick responses. I followed your suggestions and it worked.

But my problem now is how to save the data entered in the textboxes into Guest table? 

Any idea please? Ty 

Regards,

Lloyd

Lloyd Harlow Yap wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your quick responses. I followed your suggestions and it worked.

But my problem now is how to save the data entered in the textboxes into Guest table? 

Any idea please? Ty 

Regards,

Lloyd

It looks like you implemented Saugats post, he copied my post and has copied other posts I've made and I'm probably not gonna help on this forum ever again...

The logic implementing a loop with an IF is not standard practice, is not necessary and will likely be less efficient.

You have a List of Elements that has 3 fields: First Name, Last Name and Age. All you have to do is use it in a For Each, assign a record and CreateOrUpdate that Record

Check my .oml on the first post I made

Try implementing the logic below and you will see how easy it is and you don't need screen inputs or IF-logic

Hi Philipe,

We have joined the forum to help each other, make the community grow and learn new aspects of application development, so please refrain from blaming others.

I had given only the basic implementation on how to approach the problem. Given my previous experience as IT professor for 4 years before being part of IT development community, I make it a habit to not provide actual solution but the approach to a problem who seek knowledge.

Furthermore, I do not need to copy code from anyone as in my previous projects I have already implemented creating dynamic columns as well at run-time to store data.

Regards,

Saugat