What is the exact difference between .oml and .oap file for an module

I can create both .oml and .oap file for any of my module. But

What is the exact difference between both the files of an module.

One more thing Is it possible to make a copy of whole module (Project) ?

hello Manish,

In short (sorry I cannot go into this in depth right now!):

OML stands for Outsystems Markup Language and contains all code of a module.

OAP stands for Outsystems Application Pack and basically is one application containing underlying modules/extensions.

OSP stands for Outsystems Solution Pack and basically is a solution of different modules/extensions (possibly from different applications).

And for Making copy of the Project or module we can use clone option  

which is present in the menu under module tab.

After cloning a Module and publishing it, the Module will be in the Independent Modules folder in Service Studio.

Hope this helps!

Manish Kumawat wrote:

Hi Manish, 

This question has been posted several times on the forum. You can find the answer on forum. I am sharing some post link please follow this links.  

Link 1

Link 2  

Hope this will help to understand the difference. 

Thanks 

Solution

Manish Kumawat wrote:

Hi Manish ,

OAP :- OAP stands for Outsystems Application Package .I have shared the screenshot how to download the OAP module. If you want to download the OAP then you  open the application and download that application it will consist both the modules in one OAP module.

OML :- OML stands for Outsystems Markup Language.Suppose you have taken the two module and u need to download the OML of the both module then you need to download separate of the OML of the both module.

Main Difference is when you download the OAP module and you need to install another environment then you cannot install to another environment but if you are download the OML then it will open the another environment but you can not publish of that OML you can see the code but in OAP you cannot install at first place and therefore unable to at least see the module functionality. 

Solution