Concurrent End-User Sessions

Concurrent End-User Sessions

Hello,

I need to know at login time how many End-User Sessions I have.
How may I acomplish this?
Hi Nelson,

I'm afraid there's no way to do it programatically at this time.

The only place where you can check how many concurrent users you
have at any given time is in the licensing area of Service Center.

Best Regards,
     Pedro

What happens if the licensed concurrent end-users sessions is reached?

From an end-user perspective business continues as usual. The platform keeps on serving user requests and the applications remain completely available.

The only limitation is from an operational perspective, with Service Center not allowing you to publish new versions of you app until you upload a new license with more concurrent users.

Note that you'll start getting warnings in the general log if you reach 90% of the users you've licensed.

Hope this helps,
    Pedro
Hi, 
Is there any possibility to check how many concurrent users are logged in at the same time, for each application?

Because we want to give the application a limit of simultaneous users and block more if it's the case.

Thank you in advance!
Hi Carolina,

There's really no off-the-shelf way to do that programatically.

What you can do is develop your own logic to estimate this.

Best Regards,
    Pedro
Hello
Where can I find the explanation of how OutSystems calculates the concurrent users?
We are using version. 5.1
Thank you
Carolina
Carolina Bessa wrote:
Hello
Where can I find the explanation of how OutSystems calculates the concurrent users?
We are using version. 5.1
Thank you
Carolina

It's a logged in user who has pulled up a page or performed an activity that went to the server in the last 5 minutes (it may be a different length of time that "5 minutes", but I am pretty sure it is 5 minutes). I haven't used 5.1 in a while and I'd recommend upgrading to 6 or 7. The upgrade is VERY painless (especially from 6 to 7).

J.Ja
You could also register in a database the last action of a user and its timestamp. Then, using a Timer, you would maintain the user access by cleaning the database when a user hasn't done any action in a due time.

Best Regards,
Emanuel Silva