[OutSystems UI] Sidebar won't start open

Forge Component
(79)
Published on 9 Mar (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
79 votes
Published on 9 Mar (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi guys!

I was trying to use a Sidebar to have something like an aside with some information, and I would like that the sidebar would start open by default.

I wasn't being able to do it, so after a bit of investigation, I found that you are setting the IsOpen parameter to false on the OnInitialize, and I think it's what is overriding my parameter.

Was this the intended behaviour? Or is this a bug?

Also, I was looking for a feature that we have on the Traditional Web version, which is the HasOverlay parameter. Is this feature on scope to be released, or if I my cliente really need them, it's better to clone the Sidebar pattern and do this changes on my own?

Thanks in advance!

Alexandre Santos wrote:

Hi guys!

I was trying to use a Sidebar to have something like an aside with some information, and I would like that the sidebar would start open by default.

I wasn't being able to do it, so after a bit of investigation, I found that you are setting the IsOpen parameter to false on the OnInitialize, and I think it's what is overriding my parameter.

Was this the intended behaviour? Or is this a bug?

Also, I was looking for a feature that we have on the Traditional Web version, which is the HasOverlay parameter. Is this feature on scope to be released, or if I my cliente really need them, it's better to clone the Sidebar pattern and do this changes on my own?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Alexandre!

Can you attach your module to test it from my side?

Thanks.

BR,

Luis

Hi Alexandre Santos,

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into the IsOpen behavior.

As for the HasOverlay option, that's something we already analyzed when making the patterns ready for Reactive Web. However, for that to happen we would need to deprecate it, and it wasn't a priority at the time. 

Maybe with ongoing feedback we can prioritize that change.

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Hi Bernardo !

Thank you too for this feedback.

Actually, I was looking into the HasOverlay parameter because I wanted to be able to click on the overlay to close the sidebar. So you have this feedback too.

Can you give me a warning when you have any feedback about if this is going to be changed or not?

Thanks in advance!