Sanitize HTML

Good day,

May I kindly ask for advice on the attached issue in line with the Sanitize HTML.

I'm puzzled if this is a version issue.

Unable to replicate in our QA and Dev environments.

Currently, we are still using platform 10.

Please advise.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Can you check if your environments are running the same .NET framework version?

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin Ahdi,

Good morning!

Thanks for the reply.

Please find below screenshots.

I think this is still the Java version.

Thank you and kind regards,

Chris

Good morning everyone!

May I kindly ask for a comment on this one or can you please point me to a post/topic related to this.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Based on the error it seems that the class is not registered so my suggestion is in the service center try to republish again the Sanitization extension then once done try to refresh the dependencies of your application. Hope that helps.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the late reply.

Looking at the sources of your Sanitization extension, I see it has both Java and .NET sources. This should not be the case.

Have a look at my Sanitization sources:

Did you by any chance migrate your Platform from Java to .NET stack? 

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the late reply.

Looking at the sources of your Sanitization extension, I see it has both Java and .NET sources. This should not be the case.

Have a look at my Sanitization sources:

Did you by any chance migrate your Platform from Java to .NET stack? 

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin/Rogelio,

Many thanks for the reply.

I think our company initially started in .Net stack and it was still version 9.

How do I replace the codes via in integration?

I've accessed the  source code in github https://github.com/mganss/HtmlSanitizer but not sure were to start

once I'm in Integration Studio/Visual studio.

I'm thinking if there is patch that needs to be applied in our environment as stated in this release :

Thank you and kind regards,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Yes you can use the integration studio then once connected you need to download the Sanitization extension the you can click the update source code but you need to have IDE for both .NET and J2EE to do that then you can find the folder where it was download then simply replace those code with the updated one.

Solution

Hi Christopher,

In your first post you mentioned that you don't have this issue in your QA and DEV environment right? 

In case you have an On Premises installation, I would suggest you to:

• Delete the Sanitization extension via Service Center from the environment that has issues
  • Fetch the System_Components.osp file from the Platform Server installation folder (this solution pack contains a clean version of the Sanitization extension)
  • Publish the System_Components.osp file from the previous step via Service Center (Factory > Solutions > Upload & Publish an Solution) in the environment that has issues
  • Test and see if the issue still exists

If it's a cloud environment, I would contact OutSystems support and ask them to help.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hi Rogelio/Nordi, 

Many thanks for the prompt response. 

Yes, our production is on-premise via azure. 

For Dev and QA, they are on cloud via AWS and is maintained by Outsystems. 

I will try both suggestions and keep you posted. 

Highly appreciate your help. 

Many thanks and kind regards, 

Chris