[Advanced Excel] Text in merged Cells - How to get it for all the merged cells?

Forge Component
(66)
Published on 2019-08-27 by Hanno
66 votes
Published on 2019-08-27 by Hanno

Hello. 

I'm successfully running all my worksheet with a for each but on merged cells, the "Cell_Read" action only gets the value of the first cell on the merged range. I also tried to unmerge more than one merged range(for testing purposes) and get the following error: "Can't delete/overwrite merged cells. A range is partly merged with the another merged range".

I'm not very worried right now with not beeing able to unmerge, as the result would be the same: on a range of 10 merged cells the first would have a value, but the following nine will be empty. 

I can't even check if the cell is part of a merged range, or I don't know how to do it. I can't test for empty values and use the above row, as some cells are meant to be empty, so I'm kind of in a dead end here at the moment. 

I'm sure some useful tips will come from this community. 

Regards
Bruno

Hi Bruno

Can you please clarify your statement of "...gets the value of the first cell on the merged range.". I will double-check this, but I am assuming cells that were merged would appear as a single cell and that the value would be contained in that single cell.

Hanno

Hanno wrote:

Hi Bruno

Can you please clarify your statement of "...gets the value of the first cell on the merged range.". I will double-check this, but I am assuming cells that were merged would appear as a single cell and that the value would be contained in that single cell.

Hanno

Hi Hanno. Thanks for your reply.

So, when you merge Cells, the most common scenario is, you merge cells to make it visually simpler, let's call it pretier. Thats means that in a range of ten merged cells, only one of them as a value, the same value for us Humans, but not for the extension if you need to know taht value for all the merged cells. If the cell wasn't merged we would have 10 repeated values on each cell on that range.

What I was trying to find out was if there's a way to know which cells are those, dinamically, and use the single value found on one of those cells on the remaining 9. Can i find merged cells and apply that single value to all other cells in merged range? How?

Feel free to make whtever questions you need.
Thank you for your help.

Regards.
Bruno