User Management Console - Users can't login Application

Hello,

Problem: I can't login into an application with new users that have the application roles. Can only login with the user that has the SuperUser role.

1st Issue

I have an application with custom roles and UserManager role. When I create a User in the Users App and assign the custom role or/and UserManager role, I am still unable to login into the application with the new User. I have created several Users and assigned all the custom roles but all the Users I create in the Users App are denied access to the application.  (The screen Roles Property are all ticked) 

2nd Issue

I have a form in the application where I can create a new User during runtime. I have implemented the encryptpassword action (which is a factor for most invalid logins) and grant the UserManager role in the same create user action flow. The result is that the user gets created and is updated in the User entity and Users App but when I try to login with the new user credentials the result is invalid.

Regards,

Malebo Sambio

Hey Malebo,

Have you checked what the user provider for the module is?

Best Regards,
Jose Tomas Torrao

José Torrão wrote:

Hey Malebo,

Best Regards,
Jose Tomas Torrao

The Is User Provider Property is set to 'No' and User Provider Module Property is 'Users'.

Malebo Sambo wrote:

José Torrão wrote:

Hey Malebo,

Best Regards,
Jose Tomas Torrao

The Is User Provider Property is set to 'No' and User Provider Module Property is 'Users'.

Hmm, have you checked the error log in service center? If there are errors there, there might be more indicative of what is actually happening.

José Torrão wrote:

Malebo Sambo wrote:

José Torrão wrote:

Hey Malebo,

Best Regards,
Jose Tomas Torrao

Hmm, have you checked the error log in service center? If there are errors there, there might be more indicative of what is actually happening.

Here's the error from Service Center.

Hey Jose,

As you can see in the screenshot in this reply I have tried with many different users to login.

Malebo Sambo wrote:

Hello,

Problem: I can't login into an application with new users that have the application roles. Can only login with the user that has the SuperUser role.

1st Issue

I have an application with custom roles and UserManager role. When I create a User in the Users App and assign the custom role or/and UserManager role, I am still unable to login into the application with the new User. I have created several Users and assigned all the custom roles but all the Users I create in the Users App are denied access to the application.  (The screen Roles Property are all ticked) 

2nd Issue

I have a form in the application where I can create a new User during runtime. I have implemented the encryptpassword action (which is a factor for most invalid logins) and grant the UserManager role in the same create user action flow. The result is that the user gets created and is updated in the User entity and Users App but when I try to login with the new user credentials the result is invalid.

Regards,

Malebo Sambio

Hi Malebo,

If the User provider is users only and even though you have assigned then the respective role. The user must be assigned with UserManager role. Please check in your User Application if this role is assigned to the new users, if not then try and let me know the result. 

Regards,

Ankita

Malebo Sambo wrote:

Hey Jose,

As you can see in the screenshot in this reply I have tried with many different users to login.

Hey Malebo, I read how you are saving the password but can you submit a print of that action? Also but not least, can you view data on the users table and check those users password (to see if they are actually encrypted)?

And can you send a print of the login action flow?

Solution

Hello Jose and Ankita,

I was able to find a solution. I discarded the Encrypt Password action and instead used the GenerateSaltedMD5Hash action which also encrypts the password. I have not changed the IsUserProvider and UserProviderModule Properties. I am now able to create users in the application and use their details to log into the application.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Malebo

Solution